sad :(

Options
Its quite discouraging to see the scale work against you.

I hit onderland on Thursday at 199.6. This morning, I am at 200.8 :(

I havent been able to exercise lately because I have been away on a trip with family and walking around all day on those trips have stressed out my knee.

But...its still so sad :(

Replies

• megrrt
    megrrt Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Look at your numbers..you are doing great! Try not to get too down on yourself. It is prob water. Drink some water today and flush it out...

Keep your chin up you are doing great!

:smile:
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, you're going the right direction. It'll be back down under 200 next week, just keep going!
  • Misslissa16
    Options
    You are doing great!! It's hard to see for yourself sometimes, but just look at the numbers. You are making great progress and next week you will be back in Onederland!
  • Nodaa
    Nodaa Posts: 40
    Options
    Do you weight daily? or just once a week? or by your mood? I prefer you choose a certain day to weigh in or weight daily, by that way, you gonna find your body is losing weight! Every day, our bodies go up & down during food, water, muscles, carbs, sugars and stress! Daily weigh in will show u Ups & downs weight but lastly, it will be going down! Weigh in once a week, will give you a certain number, so scale doesn't play with your mind everyday.

I weigh in daily, everyday i find new weight, but lastly, i lose it in the end!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling!! Two weeks in a row I had large losses (for me 4lb total), then last week I was back up to where I'd been before those two weeks. I've been eating right w/o large deficits/excesses so it's in not fat gained. I also changed my exercise routine and going through DOMS from it. I'm sure it's just my muscles increasing their water/glycogen reserves and I'll drop back down.

But even knowing that it's so frustrating and I keep having fear and doubts. Double-check your #'s to make sure you are eating the right amount and just hang in there. It'll happen.
  • tamiesue2
    tamiesue2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    The scale can be sooo evil sometimes!! While on vacation we tend to eat a weee bit too much salt, so just flush it out and put that smile back on for all the hard work you have done!!!
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    don't worry i have the same problem I had lost 5lbs and was at 196.8 and the other day i was 198.6 I think I'm not going to weigh myself until I'm really sure I've lost weight a couple of weeks.
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    But you're not gonna stay over 200, right? Right? Say it. :)

Seriously, you gotta know by now that our weight can fluctuate several pounds from day to day. i encourage you to weigh in WAY less often. This was an issue for me until i finally hid it from sight. (No, really. i hid it, and it helped.) The scale is a fair weather friend at best.

You might think about weighing in every couple of weeks and instead, focus on all the other stuff you're doing right. If you're like me, you're gonna sit up and realize one day pretty soon that the scale is neither the only nor the best metric for this journey.

Stay the course. You can do this.
  • BCxBonnie
    Options
    Don't stress if you can't workout - it's more about diet than exercise. (meaning it's easier to EAT 1,000 calories than it is to BURN it. :) Also, it's super easy to hold 3-7lbs of water weight so you never know! Just crack down on your diet and know your hard work WILL pay off if you are staying on task with myfitnesspal. :) Hang in there
    Its quite discouraging to see the scale work against you.

I hit onderland on Thursday at 199.6. This morning, I am at 200.8 :(

I havent been able to exercise lately because I have been away on a trip with family and walking around all day on those trips have stressed out my knee.

But...its still so sad :(