Coronavirus

Options
Good morning everyone, I am starting today as like most people I have out on weight and have been drinking too much wine during lockdown which is affecting my mental health. I want something positive to come out of this dreadful time as I am blessed that I am able to consider something that must seem so trivial.
I have set up my profile but can anyone tell me how many carbs,protein etc you should have in a day?
I am counting calories and I see there is a pie chart showing the breakdown of carbs, protein etc but I can't find out what I should be having.
Any help appreciated,
#staysafe

Replies

• laurenbeth93
    laurenbeth93 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey J 👋

I’m back on here because I’ve been getting carried away with the red wine too! Tracking has always worked best for me to get myself back in the right direction 😊

The best way to work out your protein/carb/fat breakdown and total calories is to use an online calculator. These are the ones I usually use:
    - Macros Inc
    - IIFYM
    - Transparent Labs

There’s also a FB group for Macros inc where they’ll double check your breakdowns correct 😊

Hope that helps!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Just start eating and logging. Don’t try to do it all today. Learn as you go. Calories first. Try to get your calories about right. Then, in a week or two, look at where your macros are. MFP gives you a pretty good macro breakdown. Look at where they were on the days you felt happy and good and were satisfied with the food you ate. Look at where they were on the days you were hungry all day long. Aim for macros that make life easier for you.