Weight loss vs. Period question

Options
Hey guys! I have a question. I was losing weight and on a great trend for weeks and then my period came, I gained about a pound and a half during it which I know is normal. I continued working out daily, eating within my calories, and on my usual grind knowing that once my period ends I would be back to normal but here it is 3 days after my period ended and while the weight from during my period came off the scale is not budging. I haven’t lost even an ounce from my pre-period weight. Any thoughts or suggestions on why it’s not moving? I’m getting a little frustrated because I’m working so hard,

Replies

• Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Just because your body is finished its period process doesnt mean that hormones have finished their job.. give it more time.. it's like a bad friend, never on time.
  • pink_mint
    pink_mint Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I know it doesn't help but you have described my current situation. If I'm correct you're a couple months in like me? So between the early success of several lbs loss and menstrual cycles messing with us, it all sounds pretty normal and typical. Hard to deal with though. I'm trying to have patience and just keep at it.
  • rpbarkernc
    rpbarkernc Posts: 17 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    pink_mint wrote: »
    I know it doesn't help but you have described my current situation. If I'm correct you're a couple months in like me? So between the early success of several lbs loss and menstrual cycles messing with us, it all sounds pretty normal and typical. Hard to deal with though. I'm trying to have patience and just keep at it.

Yes, I’ve been losing weight since August 2019 and I’m down 50lbs, I’m only 19lbs from my goal so I’m just so frustrated because I just want to get there. I’ve fought through so much to lose my weight like having a baby, going from breasfeeding to not and now my period coming back the last few months to wreck it.
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    It's not wrecking anything... it's not actual real weight that's displaying on the scale.