I need a beer.

Options
2»

Replies

• Paddy31
    Paddy31 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Loads of good ideas. Except "drink water". I'll get lynched!

Then secretly order a seltzer with lime. Looks like a G&T and everyone thinks you're hard core for mixing.

In my local a bloke once tried to order a G&T. The barman looked at him and said, "We don't do f***ing cocktails."
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    P.S. I'm a little disappointed that this thread wasn't about morning beers. An IPA with a green-chili smothered breakfast burrito is the stuff holidays are made for.

haha. I haven't had morning beer for a long time. When I lived in New Jersey for awhile we used to drink a sh!tton of Yeungling.. or is it Yuengling.. I always forget. It was our favorite. mmmm.

Yuengling, I think ... We don't have it around these parts, but it's legendary, I know.

I don't have morning beers any more either. I think this weekend will have to change that.
  • infamousmk
    Options
    P.S. I'm a little disappointed that this thread wasn't about morning beers. An IPA with a green-chili smothered breakfast burrito is the stuff holidays are made for.

Marry me?

LOL!!! Okay! But you're going to have to put up with beer being my first love.
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Loads of good ideas. Except "drink water". I'll get lynched!

Then secretly order a seltzer with lime. Looks like a G&T and everyone thinks you're hard core for mixing.

In my local a bloke once tried to order a G&T. The barman looked at him and said, "We don't do f***ing cocktails."

LOL ... love it.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options

Marry me?

LOL!!! Okay! But you're going to have to put up with beer being my first love.

Wouldn't have it any other way.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Go with your favorite! Screw diet beer.
    Micro brew in your favorite style would be one suggestion.
    My favorite style are yeasty Belgian beers (not wheat beers). Like Leffe, or Stella Artois. They leave active yeast (on the lees) in the beer. It's an acquired taste, but its unique when you want a change from the typical hoppy micro brews. But that style is pretty high calorie. Go for a run or bike ride.
  • routerguy666
    Options
    The first drink of Beck's 64 calorie beer is good. After that you're wondering how they managed to float one drink worth of beer on top of a bottle full of water.
  • penmosha
    penmosha Posts: 132 Member
    Options

IPA for breakfast! I'm appaled and disgusted. What kind of example is that to set the children?

Everyone knows you have to drink Tennants straight from the can for breakfast. (At least that's what my neighbours here do)

Awesome.. We must live in the same area!
  • poseidon9447
    Options
    Thanks now I really want a beer, I knew I should not of read this topic.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Agreed, now all I can think about is beer. mmmmmm, beer, my true love!

I agree with everyone else, keep it to 2-3 at a time, preferably not every week and have whatever you want.

Kortney, I think everyone here is now in love with you, including me!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Or just tell your friends to STFU and drink the water round like a badass. :)
    Man, I like this............................also you frequent the like minded lushes thread???
  • zippo32
    Options
    Kortney, I think everyone here is now in love with you, including me!

Ditto!
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Work out a little longer than usual today, be very mindful of your calories, and enjoy whatever damn beer you want.

........ life is too short for lite beer.

This is so true! When I know I am going out for beers I do an extra workout and then enjoy the heck out of them.

Also, here's a link to beer calories that might be helpful.
    http://www.beer100.com/beercalories.htm
  • Paddy31
    Paddy31 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I had a good night :happy:

I took the forum advice and went for a bit of a run and then had a few pints. I chose to drink my usual and sod the calories. As someone on here said, life is too short for crappy beer.

Cheers!
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I'm on too late!!

I agree with a lot on here - don't go for the low cal beers - if you were drinking everyday, maybe....but you're not!

Go with a good, full calorie beer, sip it and enjoy it. And have 2 or 3.....or 4.
  • zarozinia
    zarozinia Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Or just tell your friends to STFU and drink the water round like a badass. :)
    Man, I like this............................also you frequent the like minded lushes thread???

Tell me more about this thread. It is pertinent to my interests.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    The MFP scanner works on a bottle of beer! Go to the store & check out a few options.
  • zippo32
    Options
    Tell me more about this thread. It is pertinent to my interests.

Search like minded lushes.........there was an August and now there is a September............................................................good people