What weight range is a size 10?

Options
One of my goals is to get back into a size 10, but I can't find any information on how many pounds that approximately is. I am 5'4. Thanks for your help!

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    Size 10 uk or us?

I'd need to be at the lowest end of healthy weight to fit into a uk size 10 because I have a wide pelvis bone (thanks, both grannies) and am rather muscular.
  • pink_mint
    pink_mint Posts: 103 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I am 5'5" and fit size 10 in the 155 range (I am pretty evenly proportioned). However with size inconsistency between brands what it is, you never know.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and fit in size 10 jeans (USA) when I was 140 lbs. Like others have said, clothing sizes aren't consistent. The size depends on two things, the clothing maker and your own build.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    US sizing for women's clothes is so variable, it's hard to say. At 5'6" 160# I fit into one pair of allegedly size 6 levis and also into another levis cut size 12, with dress size being 10-12 depending on fit. At 145# I was more into size 6 jeans consistently and dress sizes 8-10. For me, it was a non-scale victory to be able to 1)shop department stores in the "Ladies" section and have a range of nice, well fitting clothes to choose from, and 2) being able to order something online in "medium" and have a good chance of it fitting.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    It's really going to depend on height, body shape, and brand. Plus there might be a difference between top and bottom (I tend to wear smaller sizes for pants/jeans/skirts than on top). For me, generally around 145-50, but I'm only 5'3.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    It's really going to depend on height, body shape, and brand. Plus there might be a difference between top and bottom (I tend to wear smaller sizes for pants/jeans/skirts than on top). For me, generally around 145-50, but I'm only 5'3.

Same here, but I’m two inches shorter, haha. I go down a full size when a shirt or dress is sleeveless because I have broad shoulders for a woman.
  • DawnHolycross
    DawnHolycross Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm sure a lot of it depends on how your weight is distributed, how much muscle mass you have, etc. I'm 5'4 and an "apple" shape. I wore mostly size 10 when I was 155ish pounds. At one point I was exercising a ton and wore mostly size 8 even though I was only a few pounds lighter- 150ish. So I think there are a lot of factors besides just height and weight.

Thanks! I am also an apple shape so that sounds about right.
  • DawnHolycross
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Size 10 uk or us?

I'd need to be at the lowest end of healthy weight to fit into a uk size 10 because I have a wide pelvis bone (thanks, both grannies) and am rather muscular.

Yes, size 10 in US sizes.
  • DawnHolycross
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It sounds like I should possibly maybe hopefully be able to get into this size 10 suit I wore back about 10 years ago IF I can get into the 150-160 range. Yikes! That is going to be a HUGE amount of weight for me to lose. We are going on vacation in September 2020 and I really want to be able to wear that suit to the beach!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and I'm a size 10 in the 147-155lb weight range. I'm pretty curvy.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    There is NO standard or consistency of women’s sizing across brands. What brand and what piece of clothing do you want in size 10? What size are now in that item? Estimate about 10 lbs per size, again depending on the item. A blouse is more lenient than a dress, which is more forgiving than jeans.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It sounds like I should possibly maybe hopefully be able to get into this size 10 suit I wore back about 10 years ago IF I can get into the 150-160 range. Yikes! That is going to be a HUGE amount of weight for me to lose. We are going on vacation in September 2020 and I really want to be able to wear that suit to the beach!

FWIW, I size up one size for bathing suits
  • CinnamonScallop
    CinnamonScallop Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You've got a great goal and September is a ways away! I'm 5'9/5'10" and at 165-170# that's my size 10 range.
    Do you have a good routine going for exercise?
    One thing that might help add momentum is to hang that suit up where you can see it. I've hung up my old blue jeans I want to fit into and either glare or smile at them daily, depending. But they do help me push forward!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"6 and weigh between 137-141 depending on the week and I'm stuck in a 12😭
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,945 Member
    Options

That's how I lost my weight. There was a time limit and a vacation involving a bathing suit.

I say, if you lose the weight, splurge on a new suit!
  • FitnessFreak1821
    FitnessFreak1821 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5. It depends I was size 10 in my 150s. I'm 138/139 currently. My goal is to be 125-130 pounds. My size right now is 8-9 , I fit into a size 7 but they were stretchy jeans. I don't know if that counts lol it all depends on your shape and how your carrying your weight too.