weight loss tv shows?

Options
i find watching weight loss tv shows really motivating, does anyone know any?
i've already seen:
biggest loser
i used to be fat
supersize vs super skinny

Replies

• MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    The last 10 pounds bootcamp & Bulging Brides.
  • Zen_Master_B
    Options
    They have the show heavy on netflix on streaming, I watched a couple of those.
  • caseysray
    caseysray Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I do too. I love The Biggest Loser. Watching people take charge of their lives and successfully shedding pounds through exercise and meal planning is very inspirational to me.
  • darlalu00
    darlalu00 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thinnervention with Jackie Warner on Bravo....I love her!
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    we love watching the biggest loser. we like to see the transformation in them. u could learn some pointers from the trainers
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they're really that good to watch. They make working out seem like it has to be painful and a chore. Totally the wrong message for those who are new to working out. I'd like to see a show with real people learning to eat good healthy food and loving their work-outs. Now THAT I would watch.
  • MyNewNirvana
    Options
    I too LOVE watching BL but I do believe it can have it's ups and downs for those not grounded strongly in reality. You see people losing tremendous amounts of weight each week and there are some who get down because they aren't losing that much. It would be nice if we could all take 3 months out of our life to focus on nothing other than eating right and exercising, but the majority of us have other responsibilities that rightly hinder that. The people on the show are under constant medical attention because losing that much weight on a consistant basis is NOT healthy. We are meant to take the weight off the same way we gained it...gradually...giving our body time to catch up. There is one thing I have seen at the end of every season that I most assuredly do not want...loads and loads of hanging skin...which also comes with losing weight too quickly.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I enjoy watching them, but I do think they can set unrealistic expectations. People in normal situations do not lose 8 and 10 pounds a week. Its hard for me when they are disappointed in what in any other situation would be a great weight loss.
  • twocsmom
    twocsmom Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I enjoy watching them, but I do think they can set unrealistic expectations. People in normal situations do not lose 8 and 10 pounds a week. Its hard for me when they are disappointed in what in any other situation would be a great weight loss.

I totally agree. I also enjoy watching them, and if given the opportunity to be away from my job and do nothing but exercise all day, and have someone professional monitoring every morsel that goes into my mouth I'm sure I could lose 8-10 pounds a week too. It's wonderful to see them change their lives, but unrealistic for those of us in the real world, I suppose that's why some of them gain the weight back.
  • matt1986wilson
    Options
    Its not really a weight loss TV show per se, but The Doctors is great for all sorts of advice and a lot of the time they have tips on improving your diet and losing weight. Its really the only show like that I watch to be honest, but I do listen to them and take their advice to heart.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Its not really a weight loss TV show per se, but The Doctors is great for all sorts of advice and a lot of the time they have tips on improving your diet and losing weight. Its really the only show like that I watch to be honest, but I do listen to them and take their advice to heart.
    agree! great show, Dr. Oz's show, too.
  • verisweet
    verisweet Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like watching A & E's HEAVY on netflix right now. There are only 13 episodes, but it really addresses the mental issues and I find myself relating to that.
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My favorite is extreme makeover weight loss edition on ABC. I know it's not realistic to have a trainer move into your house for 3 months but I do love watching the transformations.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Ive watched Biggest Loser a lot...all of them in fact. 4 UK series, 4 Australian, and 10 American.

They are good and bad, but the overall theme is very encouraging. No nips, tucks, sucks, bands, etc. Its weight loss the correct way, via healthy eating and exercise.

However, the rate at which they lose is...i wont say unhealthy, but it's simply not realistic in the real world. 6-8 hours of hard workout, and some foods totally off the menu isnt something everyone can do in the real world. I remember seeing one thing in particular, when they briefly showed them using the body bug. Sam had eaten 1,600 calories that day,and burned off 5,700. 5,700 in one day?! Wow...
  • LeahLexis
    LeahLexis Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like them all :)

Biggest Loser
    Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition
    Heavy
    I Used to Be Fat
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I usually watch Supersize Vs Superskinny, X-weighted (I think that's what it's called?), Biggest Loser, My Big Fat Diet Show, and The Last 10 Pounds.
  • awbahn
    Options
    My favorite is extreme makeover weight loss edition on ABC. I know it's not realistic to have a trainer move into your house for 3 months but I do love watching the transformations.

This is a great one, and very motivating. Also it is on hulu.com for free, so very accessible!
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Some of these shows listed above aren't on my Tivo, rats! I'll check out Hulu for the Extreme Weight Loss, thanks for the tip!

I respond well to these shows as they help me realize I'm not alone, I've feel much of what they talk about on the shows, they keep me going and they educate me.

My favs:
    Heavy
    Supersize vs Superskinny
    Dr Oz

I've just added a new one called "Everyday Health" by the people that created Biggest Loser.

Also, the movie "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" was a great film about weight loss and regaining your life