Olympian Style

Options
Hello there!

A few years ago I posted a before picture like many of my Run The Year Challenge family did. I am an amateur comedian with risqué taste and thought nothing of it. Replies ranged from “you go girl” to “me too and let’s get started”. I said I wanted to “run like Deena Kastor” by 2019 (the following year at the time). Or at least look like I can!” I texted my two best friends for accountability. They keep me in check for lots of things. They are not runners though. They found the image so offensive they both deleted it and said it would be hard to have dinner because my picture “can’t be unseen”. Say what??? Heck I was honked at the previous summer while jogging with a woman of similar size. It was meant as a compliment. My friends were quick to say Deena Kastor and the women in the Olympiques can get away with dressing like that because they have the bodies to do so. I told them all to chillax but my “offensive” picture was the topic of the night and shame on me. The other day I was doing these workouts (and Orange Theory At Home—my gym) in full workout clothes. The next day as I was hunting for a clean shirt it dawned on me: no one can see me here!! I CAN dress like Deena and wear only a sports bra and shorts! Heck I can even wear my new running skirt😎. Although it feels a bit like a kilt while doing high knees and butt kicks. They have built in shorts and don’t work for mountain climbers (which I secretly hate bc they hurt my shoulders..so I do high knees). From now on I don’t care what other people think about my workout outfits and will dress like Deena even when the gym opens again unless management throws my un-Jillian, un-Deena butt out of there. At least I found one cool thing about working out at home.

Now I want to be motivated to have the health if not the bod to keep aiming to hike like a speed demon and be kind of like a Deena in races

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Wow. Body shaming friends? Who needs enemies? Work out in your underwear, if that's how you roll (maybe not at the gym though).
  • stirbuzz
    stirbuzz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Ha ha definitely not at the gym!!! They’ll call the police
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    stirbuzz wrote: »
    Ha ha definitely not at the gym!!! They’ll call the police

I'm sure they'd start with a request to don some outerwear and escalate to the police. I'm sure you'd get a warning. ;)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I never understand why people get dressed to workout at home. I wear a sport bra and underwear, that's it. I only put on shoes if I use my treadmill. As for the body shaming...I didn't see the pics so can't say if they were offensive 🤷
  • stirbuzz
    stirbuzz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was in my sports bra and a pair of capris. I was (still am) soft in the middle, which is what they found so offensive. No one from RTY was put off by them bc so many of us there are trying to lose wt