Creatine

Options
Hi all, does anyone here take creatine as a supplement? What's your experience with it? Has it worked for you?

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,393 Member
    Options
    What kind of effect do you expect from it?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Trialled it twice....
    First time a complete absence of any noticeable effects either positive or negative (either I'm a non-responder or simply already get enough from my regular diet).
    Second time only noticeable effect was an upset stomach.

Having said that it's extremely well researched and benefits many people as well as being inexpensive.
    Examine.com has a good write up on it.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I've tried it twice. It's hard to say if there were any results or not. The second time I was running a bulk, and I did gain muscle pretty well. Would I have done with same without the creatine? Who knows?
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Some people don't notice a difference, because they already get enough creatine in their diet.

I noticed a huge difference. Took it on a strength plateau and it definitely allowed me to lift more.

It's pretty heavily studied and safe, so if you're curious, try it. It's pretty cheap too.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above that it's definitely safe and one of the most heavily studied supplements. Some people like me are non-responders, usually because they get enough in their diet so that supplementing doesn't make a noticeable difference. No harm in giving it a try since it's cheap and easy. Just get some creatine monohydrate, don't buy a more expensive form of creatine, it will not give you any added advantage.
  • FatToFitChaser
    FatToFitChaser Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Honestly I would say it differs for everyone. Give it a try and see .

I personally never felt it pumped me up but at the same time it has been tried by many people and been recommended.