Running with Stuff (help)

Options
So, I have been walking for the past 5-6 weeks consistently and it feels great. Today I started (again) the C25K program. I have my phone and keys, with wireless buds, but I would like to find some way to free up my hands. How do you carry all of your "stuff" when walking or exercising?

Replies

• VioletRojo
    VioletRojo Posts: 596 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I use an iPod Shuffle that clips on to my clothes for music, and I don't carry a phone or keys. You might try one of these if you have to carry stuff, https://flipbelt.com/flipbelt?gclid=Cj0KCQjws_r0BRCwARIsAMxfDRjPHn1RAYvDR-HfiR7Cr9Yg-J9I56ybgNNHKIPGouBZ5ZVJ00BJJ6QaAktVEALw_wcB
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Flip Belt. It is a band that goes around your waist and holds everything nicely. I only take the key that I need to eliminate the bulk of a whole key ring.

https://flipbelt.com/
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I have one of those arm bands that goes around my upper arm and holds my phone and a key. Got it on Amazon for like $15 I think?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TO33SP8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EDIT: It's $12.98
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Flip Belt. It is a band that goes around your waist and holds everything nicely. I only take the key that I need to eliminate the bulk of a whole key ring.

https://flipbelt.com/

Second vote for flip belt.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I use a Spibelt mostly. There are many other brands - you may have to do some experimenting to find what works best for you (for example, I have tried flipbelts and hated them while other seem to love them). Check at your local running store and/or see what other runners in your area are using. Or do what I did - but one of each from Amazon. :smile:
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    I dont carry my phone, and I just take one ring with my key and thread it through my bra when I run, key against my skin to stop it bouncing
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,428 Member
    Options
    Key is on a carabiner that I clip to my bra and slide inside because jingling makes me nuts.

Apple Watch syncs to wireless earphones for music, and I can take and return calls or texts on it after identifying the sender.

So I run hands free with a minimum of “stuff”.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I use an arm band for my phone/music supplier and a hand holder for my water bottle. I'm a mouth breather and need a little water to combat dry mouth. My house key goes in the pocket of my water bottle holder.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    My jogging capris have a side pocket that my phone fits into fine and I put my one key in the hidden pocket on my capri pants waistband. OR if it's a little cooler outside I wear a light zip up jacket with pockets that also zip and put my phone/key in there.
  • wholebygrace
    wholebygrace Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the helpful comments! I have bought nothing (apart from food and books) during this quarantine, so now I get to do some shopping!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Most leggings or running shorts have a little hidden pocket. It's actually really popular now for leggings to have large side pockets. Either way, I don't usually have my phone on a run. Keys can go in the small hidden pocket or outside pocket(or safety pin to waistband if no pocket). My mp3 player clips to waistband or neck of shirt and I have earbuds. Some of my favorite leggings are Tesla brand on Amazon. They have leggings with either a small hidden pocket or the larger side pocket.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    SPI belt and or pants/tights with a snug thigh pocket.
  • huntleigh3229
    huntleigh3229 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Most of my leggings have a pocket that my phone fits in. If they don't I use a Buddy Pouch.

For longer distances and races where I need water and fuel I use a Saloman Pulse Belt. It's the only running belt I've used that doesn't move or bounce.
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Amphipod belt and koala klip
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    For short runs I have a waist belt that fits my phone and car key, and I can fit my airpod case and a chapstick too if I want. TJ Maxx $7.99. I have a magnetic clippy thing that holds a 6-7oz water bottle that goes on back. For my 10k + I wear a hydration pack and that fits those things easily.

I have a flip belt, that expensive run one and it's ok but I can't hang my magnetic water doodad off it.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    Right now I carry my phone in my hand, attach my single house key to my shoe string, and keep toilet paper in my leggings pocket, or under shoe strings if no pocket (obviously bathroom emergencies have hit me in the past!). I’m about to look into a waist belt to hold water as it gets hotter and I begin doing longer training runs.