Not what I planned...

Options
I had planned on giving myself a free pass today to rest, eat and drink whatever I felt like, but my body has different plans! Turns out I'm battling food poisoning so I'm getting that day off, all right... Just not the way I expected. :P

I could use some suggestions on making sure I get enough nutrients right now while my stomach sorts itself out. Any thoughts? I'm drinking as much water as I can stand, but the thought of food is making me ill... Bleh!

Replies

• kayleeblue
    Options
    Bland food and a little yogurt to get the "good" bacteria going again. Hope you feel better. Good Luck!
  • alaw1119
    alaw1119 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    if you can't hold any food down try some gatorade or something with electrolytes in it
  • zarozinia
    zarozinia Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    if you can't hold any food down try some gatorade or something with electrolytes in it

I am keeping food down now, but it's still going through me pretty quickly, ifyouknowwhatimean...

Just found the beef broth in the cabinet and heated a bit up with some crackers. Hopefully that will not be ejected so quickly. :(
  • zarozinia
    Options
    Bland food and a little yogurt to get the "good" bacteria going again. Hope you feel better. Good Luck!

Oh, good idea on the yogurt. I just bought some greek yogurt! Very excited that I don't have to make a run to the store right now... ;)
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I swear by Glaceau Smart Water. Gatorade makes me worse, but Smart Water I kept down, when I was in your shoes!
  • zarozinia
    Options
    I swear by Glaceau Smart Water. Gatorade makes me worse, but Smart Water I kept down, when I was in your shoes!

Yeah, I am not a big fan of Gatorade, either. Last time I had food poisoning, it caused all sorts of *interesting* complications and side effects. I don't have any Smart Water on hand (I really like the stuff, too), unfortunately. And the boyfriend is out of town this weekend so I can't send him to the store... SIGH.
  • CindyWarner
    Options
    As a child they tell you to drink Ginger Ale. But here I recommend to boil hot water and put in it grated real ginger. Let it steep like tea and then sip it. It's really yummy! Good for tummy and colin problems..
  • meowow
    meowow Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    clean foods, small bites are easier. Grapes, banana slices and eat them with vitamins!
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    ive just had food poisoning and after 3 days of not being able to hold anything down i was hospitalised because i collapsed lost 5 pounds in as many days and am now struggling to make my cals everyday so i no how you feel the doctor gave me diralite powders which give ya the nutrients you need if it carries on hope that helps ya
  • Territwilight
    Options
    i know the feeling, when i gave myself food poisoning the best thing i found was ice lollys anything refreshing realy cant say i cept them down but it still helped.. :)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Honestly the only thing you can do right now is making sure stay hydrated and try to get some salts in for your electrolytes. You can make up for the nutrients later. Your stomach and guts want to clear everything out right now. Drink plenty of water and eat some plain toast and apple.
  • Jess5825
    Options
    Just keep drinking water so you don't get dehydrated.
  • alliooops
    alliooops Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Totally agree that actually your body is ok not eating food for a couple of days while you settle down - lots of water though, then I would start with a piece of toast and see how you go with that. I disagree about banana and grape because these are quite complex foods for you to digest. If you can get dioralyte, that would be fab - I always keep some in my cupboard just in case. Hope you are feeling better soon x