Used to be lean in high school, now 28 went from 215 to 250 trying to get sum support

Options
afuston92
afuston92 Posts: 16 Member
Any's support helps

Replies

• afuston92
    Options
    Seems I've never been faced to lose weight just gain weight and muscle, having trouble losing weight
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    Follow this 12-step Plan (really).

1. Diet
    2. Diet
    3. Diet
    4. Diet
    5. Lift Weights
    6. Diet
    7. Diet
    8. Cardio
    9. Diet
    10. Diet
    11. Diet
    12. Diet
  • afuston92
    Options
    Workout is easy the calorie low everyday seems to get me it gets dull as most have heard
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    afuston92 wrote: »
    Workout is easy the calorie low everyday seems to get me it gets dull as most have heard

the gym is the fun part (for me anyway)

managing diet and macros (for some) can be a challenge
  • afuston92
    Options
    Agree it a little tough, I got habit eating before bed
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    Drink more water, eat more vegetables, eat less fat, drink less, cardio. Commit.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,043 Member
    Options
    ]
    Motorsheen wrote: »

1. Diet
    2. Diet
    3. Diet
    4. Diet
    5. Lift Weights
    6. Diet
    7. Diet
    8. Cardio
    9. Diet
    10. Diet
    11. Diet
    12. Diet

Not sure why this got a disagree🤷‍♂️.. you can’t out work a bad diet - gotta control your intake, as much as it suck - after a while it’s not as hard - still difficult but not as hard - at least in my experience- just track EVERYTHING you eat - see what you’re eating and it kind of puts things in perspective- again at least in my experience
  • afuston92
    Options
    I agree doin this food tracking is for sure helping my daily intake of my macros, I know it will take some discipline but it's what I need and want.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    ]

1. Diet
    2. Diet
    3. Diet
    4. Diet
    5. Lift Weights
    6. Diet
    7. Diet
    8. Cardio
    9. Diet
    10. Diet
    11. Diet
    12. Diet

Not sure why this got a disagree🤷‍♂️.. you can’t out work a bad diet - gotta control your intake, as much as it suck - after a while it’s not as hard - still difficult but not as hard - at least in my experience- just track EVERYTHING you eat - see what you’re eating and it kind of puts things in perspective- again at least in my experience

Some don't like the term diet. Others don't like the phrase eating right. These terms are charged with preconceived notions of what is being said.

@afuston92
    You want to lose weight? Eat less calories than you burn.
    You want to build muscle at the same time, eat food that will help you do this. Vitamins, fibre, protein, the right amount of carbs etc.

It going to require some learning, some trials to see what your body responds to but most of all it will require dedication and patience. You want it.... you will be tested.

Exercise is probably only 20% of the effort. Most the work is outside the gym.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,879 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    ]

1. Diet
    2. Diet
    3. Diet
    4. Diet
    5. Lift Weights
    6. Diet
    7. Diet
    8. Cardio
    9. Diet
    10. Diet
    11. Diet
    12. Diet

People are so sensitive. It’s common sense stuff but the root of the problem in behavioural psychology can ruffle some feathers...
  • afuston92
    Options
    Yess, root of most our problems is our brain very true