Accountability buddy

Options
Hi!!! I'm a mom of 7!!!
Yes it can be crazy busy!!!
But I'm looking for a real buddy!!
Accountability is really what pushes me to success i've seen in the past.
My goal is to lose 20 kilo within 8 months . My biggest challenge i would say is consistency in working out and meal prep. being a mom of 7 and accumulated baby weight. i have good knowledge in fitness and healthy eating but i seem to be putting myself last with no one to answer to.... when i try to hide from pictures i know its gone too far....

anyone interested in an accountability partner that we can help each other reach each others goal. i am very dedicated when i know someone is counting on me and hope the other person can reciprocate.

As Nike says....let do it!!!😎

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Wow! 7 kids sounds busy. I'm only having one, so I can't even begin to understand. But, I do understand wanting to lose the baby weight and get healthier overall. I'm trying to lose about 70 lbs. Been stuck at 210 for about 6-7 weeks now, so trying to get over that hump.
    HW 225
    CW 210
    Gw 140

My weight loss it set for 1.5 to 2 lbs a week, and trying to focus on losing 10-15 lbs at a time.

How are you setting up your goals?
  • triplets_R_US
    triplets_R_US Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So what are you peeps doing to make changes? I've lost and gained so often, it's crazy. The good thing is that I never give up. I'm beginning again and know I can do it. I'm just trying to mentally get into it, so checking out mypals here to read and find encouragement and strength and to give back as well.
    I generally start with balancing my carbs during the day. I have triplets, so I'm no stranger to busy. But they are 18 now. But I had gestational diabetes and was put on a balanced carb diet. I've had great success using that, but always lose some weight and then fall off track. I've gained back 20 lbs in the past year, so I am back to 200. So mad that I got back up there, but like I said, not ever giving up.
    My weight loss is set for 1.5 or 2 lbs a week as well. I love setting smaller goals and sometimes pick numbers that have a meaning. 199 was a onederland goal. 196 was a goal so that I was 30 lbs from GW. 166 is GW because its the year I was born. That might seem like a high goal, but I look and feel good at that weight and any more will be a bonus.
    So let me hear from you!
  • yaelle911
    yaelle911 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hiya!!
    So my first was more overwhelming than my seventh ...but triplets doesn't come close.. I applaud you!!!

My CW 180 and
    My Gw 140
    I'm big on adding weight training it's a real deal breaker!!! Any of you tried thaT?

We all know wats our ultimate challenge ..we are ideally our own best coach... so let's pick one road block and hold each other accountable for one week with a no excuse policy? Sounds like a plan?

I
  • FunFitFrog
    FunFitFrog Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join in here. I'm much more likely to stick to things if I have people to be accountable to. I have 5 kids but the youngest is 16, so I'm at a good stage of life. For this week, I'd like to report about daily exercise. It is really hard for me to go do it when there are so many other "more important" things to be doing.

Here is my plan:
    Wed - walk/run 1 mile, 10 minutes abs workout, stretching.
    Thurs - walk/run 2 miles 10 minutes upper body workout, stretching.
    Friday - bike? 10 min abs workout, stretching
    Saturday - walk/run 2 miles, 10 minutes upper body workout, stretching
    Sunday - off (maybe a leisurley walk)
    Monday - walk/run 2 miles, 10 min abs workout, stretching
    Tuesday - walk/run 1 mile, 10 min upper body workout, stretching

Start weight was 178 lbs
    Current weight 172
    Goal Weight 125 (or 18% body fat or size 4 because if I get fit and have muscle, I don't know how much is a reasonable amount to weigh.)
  • averysjourney
    averysjourney Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I would love to join .
    I'm 180.
    My goal is to get at 160. I've been honestly struggling with my weight so much it has been difficult. My ultimate goals weight is 145.
  • yaelle911
    Options
    Ok let's do it!!!
    todays weds until weds next week.... everyone in this group needs to state wat they want to be accountable for by like fitfrog and report daily that you were successful in doing it and if you were not able to do it then state really the real reason of wat prevented you....be real with urself

I'd like to be accountable for 2 things:
    1) half an hour workout everyday
    2) get to bed by 11 ..without adequate sleep I'm setting up myself to fail

Does this sound good to everyone?
  • kstpierre52020
    kstpierre52020 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey guys- I’m a little late to the party, but I’d like to join too. I’m already inspired by you guys! And I definitely need the accountability. 4 kids- ages 8-15 and homeschool them- so I also understand busy. My problem is our change to schedule as we stay home right now. I’m starting to pack on pounds and need to stop the bleed. Accountability will definitely help.
    My goals- 1. track all the way through the day 2. No night time snacking.
    I’ll check back at days end and report per yaelle911’s suggestion.
    Thanks guys!
    Here’s to a strong day!
  • yaelle911
    Options
    Hi stpierre !!!
    It's never too late to party!!!!
    Let's raise our glass and report back at the end of the day no matter wat...good or bad!!! But were hoping 4 the best!!

Remember all it's only one week that's 7 days that's all right now.... so we can totally do this!!!!

We got this!!! And were here to hear about it!!!! Good luck!!!!
  • FunFitFrog
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm checking in at the end of the day. Thanks to this group I got myself out the door to run. I was having a battle with myself about doing it and then I remembered this commitment. Since I didn't want to fail on the very first day I made myself get out the door. So thanks yaelle for starting this! I was only supposed to do 1 mile but I did 2 because tomorrow my husband wants to go on a hike and I didn't want to run 2 miles and hike. So I swapped today and tomorrow. I'll run 1 mile tomorrow. (And when I say "run" I mean that I run for 3 minutes and walk for one minute. When I first started, I could only run for 30 seconds then walk for 3 minutes.)
  • yaelle911
    Options
    Hey guys !!
    Fitfrog you rock!!! Fantastic how you won the battle!! You go tell your head there is no space for battle cuz u got to answer to us!! And we dont take excuses lightly;)

Reporting bak as well ... i was completely dead by the end of the day! Today was so rough that all i wanted was to check out!!!!

But I remembered this group and grabbed my training shoes and went for a walk for an hour...and still got to bed early by 1130 ... and today I have energy to handle Watever!!!!

So congratulations to us for conquering our first day!!! Every good ending starts with and continues w a first day!!!

High five!!!!
  • fe45tv
    fe45tv Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm very late but I also thrive with accountability partners. I worked out today and ran 2 miles.

My goals:
    Monday - calisthenics + 2 mile run
    Tuesday - 2 mile run
    Wednesday- break
    Thursday - calisthenics + 2 mile run
    Friday - 2 mile run
    Saturday - calisthenics + 2 mile rum
    Sunday - break

I change up the calisthenics like squats, pushups, russian twists, etc. I'm really trying to lose this college weight and this isolation isnt helping since workout buddies are gone. Can I join?
  • FunFitFrog
    Options
    Welcome fe45tv! Do you run the roads or trails?
  • FunFitFrog
    Options
    End of day check in. I'm happy at myself. I got out the door this morning and didn't even have to fight myself. That's a first in a long time! I only did one mile - per my revised plan and I did an upper body weights workout with a HASfit video. I'm so glad I did because the hike didn't happen, but since I already did a workout I'm not frantically trying to exercise at 7:00pm.
  • yaelle911
    Options
    Hi !!!
    Welcome fe45tv!! How the checking in going?? Calisthenics is my favourite!!

Fitfrog your doing great!! Anticipating your next step is wat kept u ahead of the game!!
    Keep going strong!!

I'm checking in.... I had a hospital incident that is why I haven't checked in... but thank g-d everyone is well!! But bc I did my workout in the morning I'm able to report successfully....
    I think that is my next point start the day with the " have to" and the " want to" right after...so even if u have something come up ..uve done ur "have to"....

Right now I'm focusing only on building the habit and then I'll get more into the kind of training....

Wat about u? Do u do strength training?
  • taryn5491
    taryn5491 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    ALoha,
    I would love to join this group!! Mother of 3 in need of accountability. Please let me know if I can still join.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!! Add me!! You are gonna be super successful. Once I realized how many calories I could burn doing things that I ask my kids to do!! Hahaha I was so bad. JC grab this from the truck. Go to the mailbox. I cut out all my child favors and got my NEAT calories up and it changed my world. Now the kids and I play tag and hide and seek at night for more burn!! Use em to help you without them even knowing!! Sneaky mom tricks to take care of ourselves.....works to take care of them try it for YOU!!!! Let's rock this process!!
  • kstpierre52020
    kstpierre52020 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Back on the wagon. Tracked all yesterday. Weigh in day tomorrow. We’ll see....
  • yaelle911
    Options
    Welcome tarin and be the best me!!!
    The more the merrier!!! Love the energy and the tricks !!!

Lets get down to business guys!!!! State wats your goal for the week...yes thats right one week and report every day no mater wat !!!
    Including any falling off the wagon....stpierre were totally here on ur bad days as well as your good you just got to communicate how ur day going!!!

Fitfrog I'm missing ur updates?!! Hope ur killin it!!!

As for my updates I'm still holding on w my two goals for the week...keeping it simple and trying to make it a habit....

Let this Corona business make history for us as well... let's look bak and say we got something good out of this corona and get to our goal!!!!

Every one hands in the middle..on three " we got this"
  • Paz922
    Paz922 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of this group. I’ve been trying to lose 15 lbs for ever. I am 50 years old (it is strange to write 50 as I feel much younger 😊). I walk for an hour four to five times a day. My challenge is that I have two teenagers that bake non stop. The entire house smells like chocolate. It is very difficult to have only one portion. However, I am determined to lose the weight!

I weigh 160 lbs ( that was three days ago before eating way too many cookies). 145 is my goal weigh. It does not seem like a lot but it has been so difficult!
  • yaelle911
    Options
    Hi paz!!!

Wat about taking a walk when your kids are baking ...run out of the house like it's on fire? Or store the goodies elsewhere perhaps the basement fridge or cupboard??
    Ever thought of adding strength training to lose the last 15 pounds? Real deal breaker....