Weight Gain

Options
I lost my mojo and I'm trying to find it. I have put on 30 pounds that I lost in 6 months. It is so frustrating. I was doing good and feeling the whole weight loss healthy living . Then I got some bad news and I allowed that to let me fall off track. Started feeling sorry for myself and had the excuse of what happened be the reason I quit taking care of myself. UGH! I have to start all over now and today is the first day. I will take it slow and follow my plan. My worst enemy is me because I allow myself to get distracted. WISH ME FOCUS please. :)

Replies

• wendyannvantiem
    wendyannvantiem Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I just joined back again. I gained back some weight as well : ( Whats nice is you can always find support here and lots of motivation. Hope you can find all you need here : )
  • SeattleLove
    Options
    Don't worry about it. I am very positive that you can ger yourself back on track...
    What motivated you the first time to lose those 30 lbs? Maybe you can use the same motivation again, or maybe even find a new motivation that will be even better for your success.. Just don't give and keep your head up high. You can do it, girl!
  • LaraBoBara
    LaraBoBara Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I feel the same way, but nothing serious happened to me I just got lazy again. We can both step it up! :smile:
  • luckiest05
    Options
    Congrats on coming back! I will say, once you get back into the swing of working out & eating right, you'll feel like you need to do it everyday. I'm the #1 person to tell you, i'm not into dieting or working out, but once I got use to doing things right, I just felt the need to continue. And you know that losing weight takes time, but what's worth it is how much better you feel and how much energy you have.

Good luck & if you need anything, shoot me a message!
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    Options
    goodluck darling you can do it and this time it will be for good we all have things that happen in our lives that knock us off track but dont let it get you down and just start again goodluck :)
  • Hfxgal
    Options
    Congrats for making your way back to a better place! It's sooooo easy to fall off the rails, we all do it, so don't beat yourself up about it. Just focus on getting back on track and you will see results in no time! Clearly you have done it once before so there is no doubt that you can do it again!

Good luck :-)
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You said it focus is the key. We all get distracted at one time or another. Don't beat yourself up. The important thing is you see it and are willing to change some things to get back to where you were. Join in on a challenge there are lots of them here, we support each other as long as you make that first step...
  • RN4Surgery
    RN4Surgery Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Slow and steady wins the race. Do not beat yourself up for the weight you put on....look at it as a motivator instead. You already know what it feels like to be there so it gives you something to aim for....the feeling...You Will do it. Today is not the day you "pick yourself up" but merely the beginning of a whole new opportunity:)...friend me if you want to...be glad to help..as Im sure you can help me too:)
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Good luck, you can do it! This is a great site for motivation and support. I lost 85 lbs on WW and gained back 50, I was so made at at myself and it came back on so darn quick! I've been here for almost two weeks and feel great! Just take it day by day. If you have one bad day you just have to get back on track the next day and not beat yourself up about it. This is a long term lifestyle change not a diet! Have a great day and FOCUS! :)
  • tarheelchic
    tarheelchic Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    don't let yourself get down, I know exactly how you feel. I was the same way (still am sometimes) for years. Now that you've started back on your journey just take it one day at a time and don't beat yourself up when you have a gain one week ( we all do it) you just have to think in the long run this time next year i will be down 40lbs...etc. That's what i've had to do, just remember it's a life style change and it's not going to happen over night. when I have a bad day i think to myself "nothing taste as good as thin feels" keep your head up and just take it one day at a time......you'll get there! Just believe in YOURSELF!!!! :happy:
  • Ricardoaldana
    Options
    Good lucky! Be patiente, you are doing the right thing, now, just work hard and wait!
  • cre8freedom
    cre8freedom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    My recommendation would be to think about what it is that made you gain weight and try to change those things. Maybe it is friends that aren't active - find new friends that you can workout with and that share the same goals!
  • macylane4
    Options
    Don't feel bad...just get up and do it again..do you want to hear my story...I lost 140 lbs and got to my goal weight...I moved where I didn't know anybody and gained it all back...then...I gained another 100 on top of that! I have a very long hard journey infront of me too!!! Everyday it is hard to stay on track, but I just think about how bad I need and want to take the extra weight off!! If I thought about my failure before, it won't ispire me to do it now! Think to the future and how great you'll look and feel when you lose the 30lbs again! One big pointer...take your own food to friends and family houses! Tell them you are choosing the healthy lifestyle, and you brought your own to prepare etc!!!
    Good luck, and just think in a few months..you'll look back and say "that 30 lbs is already gone!!"
  • AmyW125
    AmyW125 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!!! I know you feel bad right now but just know we all have our moments....you can do this!!! keep your head up!! We are all here for each other..feel free to friend me.:flowerforyou:
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I lost about 27 lbs last yr for sons wedding. And slowly have gain some back. I just joined this yesterday. And I have already seen the support people here give. I am glad I came here. This was a great step for you. I think this site will help both of us.
  • lizsund
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! Such great responses. Your kind words help more then you know. (or maybe you do).

:flowerforyou: