loose skin (sorry if its been done before)

Options
Sorry if this has been done before but does anyone know anything that can help get rid of lose skin that doesn't involve a operation? After having 3kids( last one last September) the skin on my stomach is pretty stretched and add to that I have losing weight it looks pretty bad. I'm not so bothered by the stretch marks as i but the skin makes my clothes look bad.

So if anyone has any tips please let me know :)

Replies

• myheartinsf1
    Options
    bump
  • kimthomasandaimee
    Options
    I don't!

I have it too and it doesn't seem to be going away.

I do think that surgery is the only option once it reaches a certain stage.

You can't shrink the skin back.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I've heard it being talked about on the forums and I have a friend who uses it. It's called MSM soap. You could give it a try. I've heard nothing but good reviews.
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I don't know about actually tightening the skin, but until then..What about trying one of those body-shaper shirts they seem to sell in quite a few places. It would give you a more "smoothed over" look.
  • CapriceD
    CapriceD Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is something I heard about on a talk radio show Here are some links.

http://coolsculpting.com/

http://www.yourplasticsurgeryguide.com/contouring/zeltiq-coolsculpting.htm

I'm planning on talking to the doctor in my area.
  • tatatea
    tatatea Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That is one reason to loose weight slowly no more that 1 to 2 pounds a week. Also, you could add muscle to your body and it will help but not that much if you have already lost.

I have heard of some skin shrinking with out surgery I think it is called thermage or something like that and people seem to like it but I think it is costly. Surgery is probably the best as long as you don't gain the weight back ever.
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I've heard it being talked about on the forums and I have a friend who uses it. It's called MSM soap. You could give it a try. I've heard nothing but good reviews.
    Thank you will look into that
  • clarech82
    Options
    I don't know about actually tightening the skin, but until then..What about trying one of those body-shaper shirts they seem to sell in quite a few places. It would give you a more "smoothed over" look.
    I have never seen them before where sells them?
  • clarech82
    Options
    That is one reason to loose weight slowly no more that 1 to 2 pounds a week. Also, you could add muscle to your body and it will help but not that much if you have already lost.

I have heard of some skin shrinking with out surgery I think it is called thermage or something like that and people seem to like it but I think it is costly. Surgery is probably the best as long as you don't gain the weight back ever.
    It was caused by having a 9lb baby lol. I hope it does go back a bit as there is no way I could afford surgery
  • Samhally
    Options
    Have you tried a wrap? They have them I'n salons and I have a few friends who sell them for home use. I think they are called ItWorks. I tried one snd it helped smoothing snd tightening my stomach skin from having my daughter. Although I have no idea who long it lasts.
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    We had a local special that ran on ABC-WFAA last week that showcased a treatment called the "Venus Freeze." It's a non-surgical device that is rubbed over your problem areas, no cutting, no lipo and it said to tighten skin by stimulating our collagen to work. They said it was about $3000 but they were also running a special at the time. There's a website that has some amazing before and after pics. Amazing because no surgery was done.

I'd consider it after I get farther along on my weight loss as I'm dreading how my tummy is going to sag after carrying so much weight there.

http://venus-concept.com/products/venus-freeze™/