Replacing Lunch with a shake?

Options
Now that I'm home more, I want to start supplementing my lunch with a shake. I have a protein powder that has other metabolism support stuff in it. I was going to add some fruit as well. Is there anything else I should add? (Probably spinach or something but I'm looking for other ideas).

Should add anything in addition to the shake (like I should have the shake and _____)
Thanks in advance guys!

Replies

• harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Why are you wanting to replace lunch with the shake, and what's in the protein powder that supports your metabolism?
  • goldenravenemeraldsky
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    Why are you wanting to replace lunch with the shake, and what's in the protein powder that supports your metabolism?

I usually eat the most at lunch (and the hours after), so I'm just thinking about ways to help that.
    my protein powder has extra vitamins and such.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    When I make meal replacement shakes I try to add a good source of protein, fats, carbs and vitamins/minerals. It would look something like protein powder, Greek yogurt or milk, peanut butter, banana or berries, frozen spinach or kale, and some add ins depending on how I want it to taste and how high I want the calories... hemp hearts, cocoa powder, etc. Obviously it won't be the same as an actual meal, but it can be a good alternative if it is something that you enjoy, is convenient and keeps you full. You can really add anything you want to suit your calorie goals, nutrition and macro targets.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Frozen fruit/cauliflower(weird but you don’t even taste it and it adds some veg) makes it thick as does a tbsp of ground flax, I don’t even notice spinach in mine, nut butter if you want extra fat, Greek yogurt adds some sour, my friend adds a sprinkle of sugar free pudding powder or jello powder to hers because she likes extra sweet, I tested the collagen powder for a few months to see if it had an effect on skin and hair(nada for me). Protein shakes and smoothies are like an all you can eat buffet. Change it up. They never have to be the same. Bland, simple, elaborate. Make it how you want it.