How do? Friends?

Options
How does everyone stay motivated? I feel motivated for like 2 days then give up any hope I had. :( And now with the virus it is even worse I do not want to do anything and I bored eat :( I would love love love to have people to talk to on a daily. Someone in the same boat as me!!

Replies

• Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Identify why you cant stay on track.

Are you making your diet hard to follow by eliminating what people consider "junk" foods?

Are you following diet rules that have been spoon fed to us that hold no merit? Like not eating after 6pm, carbs make you fat, etc?

Are you choosing a diet that doesnt really mesh well with your life but seen results and figured that's what you had to do? Like low carb or keto?

Are you spending your time trying different methods that really dont do anything at all for weight loss but are forwarded by people making them seem true? Like apple cider vinegar, or detoxes?

Is your diet too aggressive? Maybe your eating too little thinking less is better for faster results?
  • Pokemom33
    Pokemom33 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Identify why you cant stay on track.

Are you making your diet hard to follow by eliminating what people consider "junk" foods?

Are you following diet rules that have been spoon fed to us that hold no merit? Like not eating after 6pm, carbs make you fat, etc?

Are you choosing a diet that doesnt really mesh well with your life but seen results and figured that's what you had to do? Like low carb or keto?

Are you spending your time trying different methods that really dont do anything at all for weight loss but are forwarded by people making them seem true? Like apple cider vinegar, or detoxes?

Is your diet too aggressive? Maybe your eating too little thinking less is better for faster results?

I have not really dieted much, I know it is more of a life style change. My mental state I know gets in the way alot. From trying before I know I have tried cutting out too much all at once and that never worked. Last year I did something that worked really well and I lost 20 pounds doing it, then work got stressful and that all backfired on me. I am thinking I may try that again. I stayed within my calories, and cut out pop (I was drinking alot of pop).
    Right now I am starting off with going for daily walks, or try to get one in every day.

• Unicorn_Bacon
    Options
    Small steps are always key.

You're right, taking on too much can often be too much change all at once.

Walks are a great start.

Once that's okay, maybe just try logging your food, not caring about the calorie goal, just get in the habit of picking up your phone and logging the food.

Once that becomes habit and the walks become natural, you can focus on portion control... take it one meal at a time if you want.

Start by seeing where you struggle the most. All your previous logging will show you where you consume the most calories, what time of day, and use that info to plan your portions better so that when you start scaling back, it wont seem as drastic or surprising to you.
  • Pokemom33
    Options
    Small steps are always key.

You're right, taking on too much can often be too much change all at once.

Walks are a great start.

Once that's okay, maybe just try logging your food, not caring about the calorie goal, just get in the habit of picking up your phone and logging the food.

Once that becomes habit and the walks become natural, you can focus on portion control... take it one meal at a time if you want.

Start by seeing where you struggle the most. All your previous logging will show you where you consume the most calories, what time of day, and use that info to plan your portions better so that when you start scaling back, it wont seem as drastic or surprising to you.

Thanks :) I will deff keep all that in mind. I know my biggest struggle is night time eating. Gunna find better options then chips and bars
  • Unicorn_Bacon
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I just posted on a board under getting started of someone asking about how people control their sugar cravings etc.

There is some excellent suggestions starting there and you can check them out as people post to see if one of them might also work for you
  • louisejennifer16
    louisejennifer16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey i felt like that for a while i was on point about a couple of months a go every day working out but then i slack off for a while i actually just recently got back on track. I started doing light workouts. Sometimes i watch a little bit of work out videos which helps my mood to get me motivated.
  • alabastermama
    alabastermama Posts: 45 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I’m feeling so NOT motivated right now. Today I just want to eat something without thinking about how many calories I’ve already taken in and how many I have left. I just want to take a break for a day or so. Been doing good for over 2 months now but today...🙄 I’m just not in the mood. Maybe I’ll feel better about it tomorrow.
  • Pokemom33
    Options
    I’m feeling so NOT motivated right now. Today I just want to eat something without thinking about how many calories I’ve already taken in and how many I have left. I just want to take a break for a day or so. Been doing good for over 2 months now but today...🙄 I’m just not in the mood. Maybe I’ll feel better about it tomorrow.

We got this! I actually met over my step count today which felt great. my legs are not happy about it though
  • alabastermama
    Options
    Severe Weather kept me in today. Made my mood even worse. Actual went over my calorie limit today. Surprisingly I felt bad about it!...which is a good thing! I’m ready for tomorrow. Thanks @Pokemom33 for the encouragement.
  • Pokemom33
    Options
    Severe Weather kept me in today. Made my mood even worse. Actual went over my calorie limit today. Surprisingly I felt bad about it!...which is a good thing! I’m ready for tomorrow. Thanks @Pokemom33 for the encouragement.

:smile: From my walks yesterday I hurt my ankle so I am taking a break today to see if that helps.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Motivation is weak. Habit is key to anything in my opinion. Have a plan. Write down what you're going to do today. Have a workout written out. If you just wake up with no plan, most people are cooked.
  • alabastermama
    edited April 2020
    Options
    :smile: From my walks yesterday I hurt my ankle so I am taking a break today to see if that helps.

@Pokemom33 I hope your ankle is better 🌸
  • Miss_Snow_White
    Miss_Snow_White Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way!! Add me and we can help keep each other on track. I've been looking for an accountabilibuddy to converse with on a regular for a while now.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time staying motivated on my own. I am good for maybe a month then I will say 'eff it' and eat an entire pizza. Obviously this is not healthy! I found that group support and accountability made all the difference!!! I am part of a group that supports thru successes and failures. We report our weight weekly for the accountability part.

Take a look at our group and see if it is something that could work for you!!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group