MyFitnessPal is so easy!

Options
Wow - I'm so glad I found this website! I mean, it can't get any easier adding up calories, protein, fats, etc. in order to review and plan your meals! And message boards, too! Wow again! Are there any other 50 year old women out there who want to "lose a little" but do more in the maintenance department? Are you a busy woman who needs to find time to exercise, like me?

Replies

• Mars
    Mars Posts: 9
    Options
    Wow - I'm so glad I found this website! I mean, it can't get any easier adding up calories, protein, fats, etc. in order to review and plan your meals! And message boards, too! Wow again! Are there any other 50 year old women out there who want to "lose a little" but do more in the maintenance department? Are you a busy woman who needs to find time to exercise, like me?
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say Hi & Welcome to MFP!! It is great here! Goodluck on reaching your goals!
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    As they say in India, Jai Ho! Or as they say in these parts, halleluijah! Amen sister! :happy:

Disclaimer: I am not 50 or a woman, but I agree it is easy. :laugh:
  • Mars
    Options
    How long have you been on your weighloss journey, Slumdog? hahahaha Well, I'm hoping that I'll be shouting a Jai Ho! in a month or two in celebration of the loss of some poundage over here!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Mars
    Options
    Well, you're the prime example of being friendly and supportive! Thank you so much for the warm welcome - it's like I've found another home here! I'm not much of a blogger or message boarder, but I can see that I may be a bit more active in posting than I have in the past.
  • Mars
    Options
    Oh, and there I go! I thanked you yet overlooked to let you know I'll be there with you on your journey, there to offer friendship and encouragement! Good luck!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    :wink: be careful with the name calling, she gets pretty sesitive :laugh:
  • phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes this site does have that certain, as they say in The French, "Je Nous Se Qua"!!!
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! This is a great place. You will like it here. Jump right in, join a group, etc...etc.

All the best on your journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Rick, I can't believe it :noway: Every thread I visit tonight, you are there before me! :smile:

Well, Mars - welcome. :happy: This is a great site, as you have heard from the others. There is a 50+ thread you may want to get involved in. In fact, there is a thread for just about anything you are interested in. Everyone is helpful and caring. Have a great time! :flowerforyou:
  • BxMom
    BxMom Posts: 363
    Options
    As they say in India, Jai Ho! Or as they say in these parts, halleluijah! Amen sister! :happy:

Disclaimer: I am not 50 or a woman, but I agree it is easy. :laugh:

529.gif
  • iTim__
    Options
    How long have you been on your weighloss journey, Slumdog? hahahaha Well, I'm hoping that I'll be shouting a Jai Ho! in a month or two in celebration of the loss of some poundage over here!

Hey Mars... I began MFP in November. It is overall health for me, but really starting with my weight and O boy! has it ever been a learning experience?!
  • Mars
    Options
    It's interesting and educational when women speak about weight loss and fitness (colon cleansing, detoxification, water weight, walking, calories...) as these words/terms normally aren't in a man's dialogue. When I speak about all-around health (colon cleansing, detox, calories, walking) all my husband hears, I believe, is "blah blah blah"! So it'll be enlightening to hear about a man's journey through lifechange (diet and fitness).
  • iTim__
    Options
    It's interesting and educational when women speak about weight loss and fitness (colon cleansing, detoxification, water weight, walking, calories...) as these words/terms normally aren't in a man's dialogue. When I speak about all-around health (colon cleansing, detox, calories, walking) all my husband hears, I believe, is "blah blah blah"! So it'll be enlightening to hear about a man's journey through lifechange (diet and fitness).

I'm sorry... I tried to read that, and then when I got to colon cleansing... I only saw "blah, blah, blah." LOL
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

I must say, I'd be offended if pretty much all of my friends weren't that way too. :tongue:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Mars!!!!!:flowerforyou: