Bar tonight

Options
Alright, what low calories drinks do you guys choose when you're out on the town?

I love gin and tonic, but I'm looking for other options!

Replies

• wearystar
    wearystar Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    any clear liquor with diet soda.
    clear rum and diet coke is my fave.
    gin and tonic can't be that bad for you~look up calories in gin as tonic water has none and there you go! lol
  • before20
    Options
    Sometimes I like a really dry red wine because its lower in carbs and sugar than sweeter wines, beers or liqueurs.
  • dasskinny
    Options
    If i drink aot of anything i usually binge on bad foods, so im trying not to go out, i can have a beer at home and be fine... lol not that you needed to know any of that but some low cal drinks are: skinnk girl margritias 70 cal if your bar has it, barcardi and diet (gross) , anything with soda , i like vodka soda with lots of lime squezzed into it, see if your bar carries diet tonic and you can still have your gin and tonic :-)
  • mrsgrumpypants
    mrsgrumpypants Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Love G&T but if there's no slimline tonic around sometimes I go for lager... don't love it quite so much so I end up with no more calories overall. If I have extra calories to spend, sloe gin and bitter lemon!
  • zoodalia
    Options
    General question: is Malibu calorific?
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    the lighter the liquor, the lower in calories. that's what i've been told. also, choose your mixer carefully. juices and soda add cals quickly. vodka and diet sprite would be a low cal option. i just stick with my classic of rum and coke (using coke zero). the rum is like 60 calories per oz, or something along those lines.

oh, and some beers are 50 or 60 cals a bottle, so that also might be of interest to you.
  • hatchet83
    Options
    Bud 66....... Its AWESOME!!! Total diet saver for me!! :)
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    white wine + soda water
  • bahrainbel_2
    Options
    mojitos, minus the sugar.
  • vickisaurus
    vickisaurus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    http://www.nutracheck.co.uk/calories/calories_in_alcohol/calories_in_vodka.html

Look at this website.

Diet coke and vodka is only 60 calories :)
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Jack and diet coke!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    If you want a beer...there is Select 55.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    The darker the drink the more sugar so dark rum is higher than bacardi rum.

So go for the clear drinks and add your soda/water/low cal fiz

Cheers enjoy :drinker:
  • ottawagirl613
    ottawagirl613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Somehow a friend of mine turned me onto vodka water.. and it stuck! Lots of ice.. big squeeze of lime or lemon.. and let it sit a minute or two to get REALLY cold and it's basically like drinking refreshing lemony water all night. I find it's all I can drink now because it keeps me hydrated and I never get a headache or feel sick the next day from the sugar that's in a lot of other drinks. I've never been a pop drinker and the diet stuff just tastes gross to me so the rare occasions when I indulge I swear by my vodka water.
  • Hollybot
    Hollybot Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Tonic has a lot of sugar and calories, try a diet tonic!
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    flavoured vodka (I really like blueberry) and diet sprite. Tastes delicious!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Bacardi + diet coke = 54kc
    Smirnoff + diet tonic = 54kc
    175ml Chardonay = 130kc (have it as a spritzer and it goes further, but watch as the bubbles can make you tipsy quicker)
    175ml Rosé (13%) = 124kc
    half-pint Cider (4.5%) = 116kc
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • 71Angel
    Options
    Vanilla vodka and diet pepsi. But I like the sound of the blueberry vodka and diet sprite, too!