Greetings from Harrisburg!

Options
Hello!

My name is Marie and I live in the greater Harrisburg area of PA. I am a registered nurse at Hershey Medical Center. Besides fitness, my hobbies are singing and songwriting, meteorology (I am a storm chaser and have done things like help collect 6 inch hailstones for Boeing to use, and I volunteer for the National Weather Service). I have written two unpublished novels and I take the stage on open mic nights as an amateur comedian. I tried my singing and comedy on YouTube and other social media but don’t get too many likes (or dislikes, which is good I guess).

I have had the MyFitnessPal app for years but really haven’t used it since I have had other fitness apps and running apps. I really would like to use this now since the Weight Watchers app isn’t totally functional and I have friends who do this one.

This time last year I was 187 pounds, in extra-large clothes and scrubs, and my HgA1C began moving in the direction of diabetes even though my sugars are always normal. And I had a big event coming up: I was going to meet the Goo Goo Dolls! The lead singer was almost 40 pounds lighter than me, the bassist 60 pounds lighter. Between that and the diabetes, I had to do something. I picked out a pretty (extra large navy blue) maxi dress for the meetup because I wanted to look slimmer than I was. I joined Jenny Craig too.

Then I had a chance to meet them again several months later. My goal was to get to 163 pounds, and I bought a medium outfit to wear. That’s right. I skipped right over large to medium as a way to motivate myself. And the Jenny Craig gals are great but they have a way of “acting depressed” if your weight doesn’t change or goes up in a week. I didn’t want that either.

Well, I hit 163 the week of my second Goo Goo Dolls event and I wore that medium outfit no problem! BOOMCHA! So then I switched to WW for maintenance (Jenny is $$$) and have been vacillating between 157 and 163 ever since. WW doesn’t want me to use them for maintenance though...they’d like to see me at 152. So would I. But that’s a really hard number for me to reach and stay at for long. Until I get there they will charge $50 a month. And their app doesn’t work so here I am.

I was supposed to meet the Goo Goo Dolls again in August and bought a nice medium dress for the occasion (last year I bought it, in the event of a future summer concert. I’m a bit obsessed). But now that coronavirus is among us, I doubt the band will want contact with the fans like that anymore assuming there will even be any more shows in the near future.

So I need another form of motivation and I am hoping I can hook up with some of you all on here so we can hold each other accountable. I swear to God I don’t talk this much all the time!

Good to be here and I hope to get to know some of you!

Replies

• Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! The community on here is fab and really supportive.
    Keep logging those foods. Maths will be your friend!
    We can do this! 🤗💪🏼🌈
  • Shawncarter123
    Shawncarter123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    stirbuzz wrote: »
    Hello!

My name is Marie and I live in the greater Harrisburg area of PA. I am a registered nurse at Hershey Medical Center. Besides fitness, my hobbies are singing and songwriting, meteorology (I am a storm chaser and have done things like help collect 6 inch hailstones for Boeing to use, and I volunteer for the National Weather Service). I have written two unpublished novels and I take the stage on open mic nights as an amateur comedian. I tried my singing and comedy on YouTube and other social media but don’t get too many likes (or dislikes, which is good I guess).

I have had the MyFitnessPal app for years but really haven’t used it since I have had other fitness apps and running apps. I really would like to use this now since the Weight Watchers app isn’t totally functional and I have friends who do this one.

This time last year I was 187 pounds, in extra-large clothes and scrubs, and my HgA1C began moving in the direction of diabetes even though my sugars are always normal. And I had a big event coming up: I was going to meet the Goo Goo Dolls! The lead singer was almost 40 pounds lighter than me, the bassist 60 pounds lighter. Between that and the diabetes, I had to do something. I picked out a pretty (extra large navy blue) maxi dress for the meetup because I wanted to look slimmer than I was. I joined Jenny Craig too.

Then I had a chance to meet them again several months later. My goal was to get to 163 pounds, and I bought a medium outfit to wear. That’s right. I skipped right over large to medium as a way to motivate myself. And the Jenny Craig gals are great but they have a way of “acting depressed” if your weight doesn’t change or goes up in a week. I didn’t want that either.

Well, I hit 163 the week of my second Goo Goo Dolls event and I wore that medium outfit no problem! BOOMCHA! So then I switched to WW for maintenance (Jenny is $$$) and have been vacillating between 157 and 163 ever since. WW doesn’t want me to use them for maintenance though...they’d like to see me at 152. So would I. But that’s a really hard number for me to reach and stay at for long. Until I get there they will charge $50 a month. And their app doesn’t work so here I am.

I was supposed to meet the Goo Goo Dolls again in August and bought a nice medium dress for the occasion (last year I bought it, in the event of a future summer concert. I’m a bit obsessed). But now that coronavirus is among us, I doubt the band will want contact with the fans like that anymore assuming there will even be any more shows in the near future.

So I need another form of motivation and I am hoping I can hook up with some of you all on here so we can hold each other accountable. I swear to God I don’t talk this much all the time!

Good to be here and I hope to get to know some of you!

Hello , I am new here I would love to have a fitness Buddy 😉
  • Shawncarter123
    Shawncarter123 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! The community on here is fab and really supportive.
    Keep logging those foods. Maths will be your friend!
    We can do this! 🤗💪🏼🌈
    Hello , I am new here I would love to have a fitness buddy
  • Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent!