Eating my feelings

Options
amunet07
amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
edited April 2020 in Motivation and Support
Talked to someone who hurt me emotionally...im only 10 days into eating well again and am struggling with not eating my feelings tonight. How do I deal when my usual coping mechanisms are limited due to quarantine. Could really use support. 😢

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you're hurting. Can you find something distracting to do like go for a walk or put on some fun music to dance to? I've been channeling anxiety/boredom into doing You Tube workout videos like learning dances plus the usual workout stuff. Another idea is to journal your feelings about it. Someone said something to me today that upset me and I was dwelling on it, I realized I had to let it go because it's way too easy to overthink things when we have nothing else to do. Hang in there, you're a strong woman!
  • amunet07
    Options
    Usually I got to a movie or shopping. I managed to not let it get to me until the last hour 10 pm-11 pm...walking outside tonight is out but watching TV and filling out an application hasn't kept my mind off it so I thought I'd chat with MFP family. ❤️
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I hear ya! Some nights all the tricks don't work, wish that wasn't true! Where do you live? I'm in CA. What kind of movies do you like? I just got a bunch of recommendations for Netflix psychological thrillers from my MFP feed friends, can't wait to check some of them out! I usually don't like shopping but it's fun to see lower sizes actually fit. Stresses me out though as I need to replace everything including shoes, I'm down a size and at first thought I'd stretched out my shoes until the third pair was too big.
  • amunet07
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I'm in Idaho. I like comedies, action and scify. Just finished watching Kimgsmen and am watching Jumanji now. 🙂

I don't like trying on clothes, bit hopefully by the time I need to go down ansize that don't already have...shopsbwill be allowed to be back open.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    I haven't seen Kingsmen but loved Jumanji, saw it two nights in a row! Can't wait to see the second.

Never heard of shopsbwill, I'll have to check it out. I was so excited to be down two sizes when I first went shopping that I bought white pants and shorts for the first time in my life, talk about impossible to keep clean! The half shirt was stupid too. How much are you trying to lose?
  • amunet07
    Options
    Sorry, that was a typo...I meant to say shops will be back open.

I hear you on the white pants...I keep a pair bit never have the guts to wear them because if I get a keep pair I feel they are a tad see through and or I get something on them. Lol

Ultimately, I'd like to lose 54 lbs of possible. A little over a year ago I lost 20 but gained back 15 of it. I've been back at it for 10 days and have lost a little over 3. 🙂

Congrats on the loss...it feels so great to be in new sized clothing; doesn't it!? 🎉