Ladies - Time to Report # of Chin-ups!

Options
Hey Ladies!
It is September 1st and time to report how many chin-ups you can complete!

I hope everyone has been hard at work getting those arms in shape.

I've managed to do 2 in a row during the month but today when I attempted them I could only do one. (Bummer)

Keep up the great work!

Attention Ladies!! Today is the day to report how many chin-ups you can do in one setting without stopping. Just reply to this post with your starting number.

Good luck!

[url=]rosie-122x189.JPG[/url]
Attention all ladies!

Do you want sculpted arms like Kelly Ripa, or biceps like First Lady Michelle Obama, or how about power arms like Madonna?

Then get ready ladies! We are hosting a Chin-Up Challenge!

The challenge runs from August 1st through December 1st, 2011. The winner will be the female who can complete the most Chin-Ups in one setting.

There are some rules:
-- On the first day (August 1st), do as many Chin-ups as you can without pausing (stopping for more than 3 seconds) and report it on this thread on August 1st.
--Hands should be shoulder width apart or less
--Palms should face towards you
--Start from a dead hang
--Lift is finished when the chin is completely over the bar
--Kicking empty air with your feet is allowed
--If you can already do one or more chin ups when the challenge starts then you will be graded on the increase from your starting number
-- No assistance is allowed for helping with Chin Ups when doing an official count
-- Have fun!

Participants will check-in with the total number of completed chin-ups in one session without pausing on August 1st, September 1st, October 1st, November 1st, and December 1st.

So come on ladies and challenge yourself!

I’ve created a spreadsheet in Google Docs to keep track of our progress. Here is the link:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnM2hkxLxQ-zdGltVEM0bUpheTBhYTJuektKSVA3Tmc&hl=en_US

You do not need a Gmail account to access the document but you do need this link.

If you would like to participate, please respond with the number of chin-ups you can successfully complete on August 1st.

Good luck and may we all build sexy arms together!

Replies

• emma1488
    Options
    Still zero:( so depressing
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Still 0 but I can tell I'm getting stronger. I was able to pull myself partway up and I can do slow descents with negatives now. We'll see where I am Oct 1.
  • Corachan
    Corachan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Still 0, but getting better. Better luck next month.
  • aybee77
    aybee77 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sept 1: 8 chinups!

Keep it up everybody. That first chinup is definitely difficult, and a big accomplishment.
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wow...chin ups. I have an assistance band I can do plenty lol....but none without :ohwell:
    Any one here needs a workout buddy to stay accountable? I seriously need one and hope no one is afraid to Use SKYPE to workout with each other...any takers?