do you count.............

Options
every single cup of coffee or tea?

i dont when i drink my coffee black but when i have a small amount of milk i do

as for water - do you count your tea, coffee and say a low calorie fizzy drink as part of your water count?

thanks

Julie:huh:

Replies

• i add all my tea which adds up to about 70 calories per day usually
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I don't log my coffee or tea ---- but I drink them both black. In the odd occasion I have a latte, I definitely log it.

I don't count anything but water toward my water goal. Anything with caffeine is actually dehydrating so shouldn't be counted. I suppose decaffeinated my be able to count.
  • debgcook
    Options
    If you are putting milk in it, then yes you should count it. I count my tea and soda. Just so I see how much liquid I am drinking a day.
  • medangel06
    Options
    Coffee has about 30 calories per cup so if you drink a few, I would count it. As for water; I would only count pure water or if use crystal lite in your water count. It depends on what excatly you want though. Biggest issue, to lose weight it is all about calories in vs calories out. So if you trying to be truly accurate count everything as true. Help?
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    i log each of my drinks separately.
    Water goes under water consumption.
    Juice or diet pop is logged as exactly what it is.
    (I don't drink coffee or tea)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I count green and white teas toward my water count as their diuretic effects are too mild to negatively affect hydration. That's it, though. And yeah, I count any calories associated by adding milk or sweeteners.
  • pawsmum
    Options
    all my coffee is decaff - too much caff makes me hyper and mood swings are terrible if i have too much
    years ago i was told by my gp to stop drinking so much caffeine - i was drinking too much of it
    i went cold turkey literally - withdrawl type symptons were horrendous - sweats, headaches, shivers etc
    tea is so weak - its hardly worth using a teabag
    low cal fizzy drinks - all decaff
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    I don't log my coffee or tea ---- but I drink them both black. In the odd occasion I have a latte, I definitely log it.

I don't count anything but water toward my water goal. Anything with caffeine is actually dehydrating so shouldn't be counted. I suppose decaffeinated my be able to count.

Coffee dehydrates a little, but it is still a net gain on liquid.

I count everything I drink towards my water goal, and I don't really stick to the suggested water goal. I drink when I feel like it.
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I usually count my creamer but not the coffee. According to Livestrong, brewed black coffee has about 5 calories per cup, so I will probably start counting.
  • RangerSteve
    Options

You're not going to dehydrate yourself to the point where you lose more water than you take in when drinking caffeinated beverages unless it's a shot of espresso or something super concentrated.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    As a general rule, I log everything that has calories that goes in my mouth. Or anything that has sodium. I don't log my herbal tea, but I do log Tobasco.
  • crfeeney
    Options
    Don't add it to your water intake, because a lot of coffee and tea actually dehydrate you.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    Don't add it to your water intake, because a lot of coffee and tea actually dehydrate you.

Coffee, tea and cola does NOT dehydrate you.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeinated-drinks/AN01661
  • mags2504
    Options
    I only count my first one of the day as it is mostly milk and it's huge. i only have maybe another 2 and they don't have much milk so don't bother.
  • Bri_and_Oli_Mum
    Options
    same as maryd523, I log everything that goes into my mouth
  • Hollie55
    Hollie55 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat and drink & I only count plain water towards my water count,
  • bumflapassassin
    bumflapassassin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I don't count tea because I don't drink much of it and I'm only going for an estimate on my calories - I am beginning to see food as numbers which I do not think is healthy.
  • healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat and drink & I only count plain water towards my water count,

Same here, and for a secondary reason of being able to look back at my food log for reasons like I am not sleeping well, or I am feeling a little off. Caffeine can do alot of strange things so I like to use my diary to be able to reflect and cut back if need be. I only count water as water, don't drink soda or other fizzy drinks.
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    Options

You're not going to dehydrate yourself to the point where you lose more water than you take in when drinking caffeinated beverages unless it's a shot of espresso or something super concentrated.

I know this is true - but someone tell my bladder that!
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I don't drink anything but water :) and I count every cup lol