What does the short hand mean?

Options
I've been on here for a couple of weeks and don't understand some of the language on here, lol. Is there somewhere on here to look for the definitions??? Like, what does bump mean? or nsv?

Replies

• wiffe
    wiffe Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    bump just means you want to make a post so the topic shows up in your my topic area.

NSV is non scale victory. anything that has nothing to do with the scale number
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    What they said, and the short hand tells you what hour it is, while the long hand tells you the minutes.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Pants
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    The Jargon on here is incredible and I've searched the message boards and there is nowhere where you can find them all.

I'm stiill not sure what OP stands for although I'm guessing is "original post" or something like that.

NSV - non-scale victory (that is perhaps you now fit into a fave pair of jeans, or a colleague mentioned you were looking great, but not necessarily related to your weigh-in stats.) :bigsmile:

TOM - for women is time of the month (in UK police slang it's also the word for a hooker :laugh: )

30DS - 30-day shed - a workout from Jillian Michaels

C25k - Couch to 5Km - another workout program for newbie runners

P90X - Power 90 Extreme - a 90-day resistance/strengh program from Beachbody

I'm sure there's more, but we really need a Jargon Buster on MFP :happy:
  • StacyBee92
    Options
    And what does it mean when people say "my OH" or "my SO"
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Other Half, or Significant Other.
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    OP = Original Poster who started the thread.
    AP = Above Poster -usually the most recent but could mean any...depends on context.
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR THE INFO IVE BEEN GOING NUTS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT ALL THAT STUFF MEANT TOO
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    What they said, and the short hand tells you what hour it is, while the long hand tells you the minutes.

This made me LOL