Juice fast?

Options
Does anyone think that a 1 day juice fast is a good idea? Or is it not gonna be good for my body?

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    What do you want to accomplish by doing this fast?
  • crfeeney
    Options
    Fasts are great, actually. They cleanse your body and get out many toxins. Usually to accomplish a cleanse, you'd need to do a 2-3 day fast and it should be fresh squeezed juice!
  • StacyBee92
    Options
    I want to just flush out my system and get rid of any stale food thats sitting around in there. Not sure if that would happen on just 1 day or if it needs to be slightly longer like 3 days?
    I want my body to "start fresh" if that makes sense?
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    From a personal experience and i do mean personal: I've done 40 days before nothing but water and juice (it was spiritual purposes) I also do once a week nothing but liquids but I will drink plenty of water and drink something like the V8 splash .. it helps me with no side effects .. (once a week is just to break the habit of eating, however a few days would be necessary for a cleanse) there are many against doing those types of things and than there are many that says what ever works just in moderation and be careful .. a day a week to me is not a problem it's worked for me of course what you do the other six days matter just as much ... hope that helps (again personal experience)
  • StacyBee92
    Options
    crfeeney and neva4saken thank you for your insight! I did wonder whether it might be a bit much for my body but I feel like I really want to go for it! I'll see how I feel after the day and if its ok I might push for the 3 days :)
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    just be careful and take into consideration if you've ever done one before .. i have known a lot of people that for their first time doing a fast did great usually after those first couple of days is when the body starts rebelling and than i know people who on day one folded faster than superman on laundry day :-) .. so just monitor your body and take it in stride good luck to you (thumbs up)
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    Go ask your doctor what they think, and they can explain your body's digestive system and how it eliminates waste.

My personal opinion is that it isn't necessary, but do what you think you need to do. Probably won't hurt you, but I don't do it because I think it has no value.
  • ckimble20
    ckimble20 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did a juice fast for 14 DAYS after watching the documentary "Fat Sick & Nearly Dead" I lost 12 pounds and kept it off too. I did it the end of July 2011 and have kept the weight off too. You should watch that documentary though. Very inspiring.
  • StacyBee92
    Options
    I did a juice fast for 14 DAYS after watching the documentary "Fat Sick & Nearly Dead" I lost 12 pounds and kept it off too. I did it the end of July 2011 and have kept the weight off too. You should watch that documentary though. Very inspiring.

Thanks! I'm searching for this now!
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    There is no stale food just sitting in your body. Eat food.
  • pnieuw
    Options
    There is no stale food just sitting in your body. Eat food.

Agree w/ you 100%.
  • StacyBee92
    Options
    TMI but when you dont have very reliable bowel movements then I suspect you may get a build up!
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    TMI but when you dont have very reliable bowel movements then I suspect you may get a build up!

Then in that case, going back to eating real food after one day you would be in the same situation. How about plenty of fiber from natural sources washed down with a lot of water? If your diet is new to you, it may take your body a bit to adjust but it will happen.
  • pnieuw
    Options

Your body voids whatever you eat in 24-48 hours. You can't "build up" or eventually you will have major issues. If you are having problems, go to your doctor. On this board, you will get 100 opinions from 100 non-medical professionals.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
  • redsoxy
    redsoxy Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I just did a 7 day juice fast. I don't regret the experience, but can say that you can't go into half assed. You have to be commited and driven to do this with success. It IS a lot of work, expensive and takes a lot of will power. I felt miserable for the first two days - but great after that. I was unable to work out after the second day to the degree that I like to work out - because although you are getting a lot of calories with the juice it's not the same as the fuel you get with food.

My reasons were not for weight loss - but for the detoxification and flushing aspect of it. I did feel great after the 7 days - but know for sure I couldn't do it any longer. I miss food - and got really sick of the juice!!

Good luck in what ever you decide!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    im on a 3 day alchohal fast its called labor day wekend mand let me tell you I FEel great!!!111:drinker:
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    im on a 3 day alchohal fast its called labor day wekend mand let me tell you I FEel great!!!111:drinker:

Bahahaha....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    awesome but please please do NOT search for me on u tube vbecause at this point i have no idea what you will find