NEED FRIENDS AND MOTIVATION

Options
I just found this website online. It seems like a really great website. I am wanting to lose about 40 pounds. When I say it, it seems impossible but I am tired of feeling ugly. I want to feel pretty again and gain confidence back. I would love to meet people on here. I need all the help I can get.

Replies

• Blondie331209
    Options
    I just found this website online. It seems like a really great website. I am wanting to lose about 40 pounds. When I say it, it seems impossible but I am tired of feeling ugly. I want to feel pretty again and gain confidence back. I would love to meet people on here. I need all the help I can get.
  • lor04311916
    lor04311916 Posts: 109
    Options
    hi
    you'll do it with this site :) good luck with all your goals :flowerforyou:
  • jennib06
    jennib06 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I checked out your profile and believe it or not there are lots of others here who have a very similiar story. I hope that you can find the support and encouragement that you need here! People are very helpfull and willing to answer almost any question!
  • Cerabell18
    Cerabell18 Posts: 124
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :Welcome!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • ldkuhn
    ldkuhn Posts: 4
    Options
    hi a friend of mine showed me this web site over the weekend. i need all the extra support i can get i always start and then stop but so far it has been nine days and i am going to excercise tonight i have lost 5 pounds by watching and counting calories and plenty of water. i would like to lose 45 pounds.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll love it here.
    Come often & that will help you stay motivated.
  • rungirl28
    rungirl28 Posts: 16
    Options
    You have definitely come to the right site! I know I speak for everyone when I say we are all here for you! Good luck and we're in this together! We can do it!
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey, you will find lots of friends and motivation here!! Don't listen to your ex, you are a very pretty lady. :flowerforyou:
  • Mars
    Mars Posts: 9
    Options
    You can do it! Why? Because you have THE RIGHT ATTITUDE! What you need to know about abusers is that they are the ones who lack confidence in themselves, that's why they like to tear others down to their core with negative comments and with physical and emotional threats and abuse. When you don't have any confidence in yourself, then they are more powerful.

It's time to take yourself back and regain ownership in your beauty and your body! You're on the right path! Keep your chin up, set your goals and look in the mirror and tell yourself that you're worth it!
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,122 Member
    Options
    Welcome to this site and since you took the first step, you will be motivated and meet nice people who will help you on your journey. You are very beautiful and your ex must have been a total loser not to see that. It doesn't matter what anyone else says or thinks, when you get your confidence back you will realize you have always been beautiful. Glad to have you with us. :flowerforyou:
  • TashaT29
    TashaT29 Posts: 12
    Options
    Welcome. We're all in this together. Seems like you and I have the same goals with weight. :drinker:
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. Realize that you are special and unique. There is no one on this earth like you. Love yourself for who you are. And always remember this, until YOU give yourself permission to have all the wonderful things that you deserve in life, you will never get them. They will always be just around the corner.

Welcome!!!

:happy:
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi, following RIck around tonight!

Welcome!! This is a great website. I have been using it for 2 weeks now, have lost nearly 15 lbs. Everyone is very supportive, caring and helpful. Many people are very knowledgable. SOMEONE on this site has the answer to almost every question you will have. We are all rooting for you! Good Luck! :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome,
    This is the place to be if you're looking for others to share your hopes with. We are all in this together. You'll find answers and support.:flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Natty
    Natty Posts: 2
    Options
    Blondie I know exactly how you feel, I'm looking to lose around 60 lbs and thats sound just as impossible. It was easy enough to gain II know it's going to be a b***h to lose:sad: . Anyways a girlfriend of mine sent me the link to this site and i'm sure with everyones support we'll be just fine and soon start seeing inches drop like crazy. Spring is coming and motivation comes with it!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE I'M ROOTING FOR YOU ALL!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Binxy2004
    Binxy2004 Posts: 65
    Options
    If your looking for motivation and support to start your weight loss journey, this is most defiantly the BEST place to be!! In my short 2 weeks of tracking my calories and starting a fitness routine i feel wonderful and EVERYONE on this sight is their own inspiring story, spend some time reading through the older forum post and there is a wealth of information to be had.