Aaaaand she's back...

Options
Don't know how many times I've started and stopped using this thing, but let's give it another go and see if it sticks.

I'm off fad diets*, just hard work and a calorie deficit will do me fine now.

*Yes I have a shake for breakfast sometimes, I'm using them up. We can't all be perfect right ;)

Replies

• Unicorn_Bacon
    Unicorn_Bacon Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with shakes if they work for you and fit within your goals, I'm sure there are people out there who struggle eating their calorie goal and find drinking them easier
  • truGAINS
    truGAINS Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I depend on shakes. Hard for me to eat all the time
  • AndreaMarie1236
    AndreaMarie1236 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Welcome home! Don’t sell yourself short, every time you picked some new habits up. It’s definitely a marathon and you got this! Welcome home!

Don't know how many times I've started and stopped using this thing, but let's give it another go and see if it sticks.

I'm off fad diets*, just hard work and a calorie deficit will do me fine now.

*Yes I have a shake for breakfast sometimes, I'm using them up. We can't all be perfect right ;)

• Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Oh, to clarify, I'm not against shakes, just realised I might be contradicting my diary by saying I was avoiding fad diets when they're clearly meal replacement ones.
  • gettingto65
    gettingto65 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I’m in the same boat, no more fad diets that I last a week or two on - time to just be mindful of calories and stop making excuses :smile:
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    No fads over here. I crash and burn each time. I am focusing on counting my calories, upping my veggie intake, and increasing my activity level. Losing weight is hard enough without adding in other diet stipulations.
  • AvesArdens
    AvesArdens Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat as you! And hey, a shake isn't a fad diet - meal replacements are just a type of meal. If it fits your goals then why stress about it? My biggest struggle in my newest restart is going to be staying consistent with logging, but I will do my best! I've done it before - not too sure why I am struggling with it so much lately :/ If you or anyone else would like to add me as a friend you are more than welcome!
  • Anna_Tuya
    Anna_Tuya Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I drink a meal replacement drink for breakfast most mornings. It's the Total Soy shake and I love it. I've tried other shakes but nothing keeps me satisfied until the next meal like the soy shakes do. And then I try to eat a big salad and a small sandwich for lunch every day, and then a serving size of dinner. I usually use my kids bowls cause they're so small lol. I used to try dieting and insane workouts but I always gave up cause I just wasn't into it. Now, I'm just trying to watch my calories and jump rope in the afternoons, which I enjoy, and dance in evenings, which I love. So working out in the ways that I enjoy is definitely helping me so far. I have lost 14lbs due to my routine and have 98lbs left to go before I'm satisfied with myself 🤗 good luck to everyone else! Feel free to add me! I could always use the motivation and cheer!