Please encourage my mom.

indianagranny
indianagranny Posts: 863
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello I joined mfp today and LOVE IT. I want my mom to be successful in losing weight too. She has dieted on and off, lost and gained most of my life. She is really into the computer so hopefully this will help. She is a single 49 year old women with a heart of gold. We live 1600 hundred miles apart. If you want to be an angel send a friend request and encourage her to finally beat the lose/gain cycle.

Replies

• Hello I joined mfp today and LOVE IT. I want my mom to be successful in losing weight too. She has dieted on and off, lost and gained most of my life. She is really into the computer so hopefully this will help. She is a single 49 year old women with a heart of gold. We live 1600 hundred miles apart. If you want to be an angel send a friend request and encourage her to finally beat the lose/gain cycle.
  • Mom hope when you read this post you don't kill me. Set up your profile you just need to edit what you want it to say. Added pics of your grandkids.:flowerforyou:
  • alapointe
    alapointe Posts: 369 Member
    I am from Indiana too, welcome and you can do it. Now make sure you drink your water.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    I write a blog...(sportygals' blog) and it has my trials and tribulations....maybe it will be motivational?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site, it is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this. :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • I write a blog...(sportygals' blog) and it has my trials and tribulations....maybe it will be motivational?
    How would one find your blog I'm not completely familiar with MFP yet but am looking forward to getting to know others on here and would love to read your blog.

I know I can always use inspiration and motivation for everyday life.

Thank you so much,

Namaste'
  • Hello I joined mfp today and LOVE IT. I want my mom to be successful in losing weight too. She has dieted on and off, lost and gained most of my life. She is really into the computer so hopefully this will help. She is a single 49 year old women with a heart of gold. We live 1600 hundred miles apart. If you want to be an angel send a friend request and encourage her to finally beat the lose/gain cycle.

Hi what's your Mothers name?:happy: I wish her and you nothing but the best on your healthy lifestyle. I think her getting friends on here that message her might really be what she needs to know she's not alone.

You have a great heart to think of that!

Namaste'
  • I think I did this backwards. I set up my mom's account. (she works nights) Her name is Lisa. My name is Angie. She hasn't logged on yet. I want her to come home from work, call me, log on, and see she has people who are supportive enough to comment or send friend requests to her. She hasn't started a blog, but she loves to write and is really into the computer. I know she is going to love this site.:heart:
  • I think I did this backwards. I set up my mom's account. (she works nights) Her name is Lisa. My name is Angie. She hasn't logged on yet. I want her to come home from work, call me, log on, and see she has people who are supportive enough to comment or send friend requests to her. She hasn't started a blog, but she loves to write and is really into the computer. I know she is going to love this site.:heart:
    Oh OK, thanks. But she has an account now so I could send her a friend invitation so she'll see it when she logs on? What is her user name? I can at least send her a friendly message she'll see when she comes on line.:happy:

Namaste'
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    I've noticed I get notification of friend requests and messages on my email, will that entice her?
  • this is my account my daughter is montanamomma. I would appreciate any messages that are positive.
    I think I did this backwards. I set up my mom's account. (she works nights) Her name is Lisa. My name is Angie. She hasn't logged on yet. I want her to come home from work, call me, log on, and see she has people who are supportive enough to comment or send friend requests to her. She hasn't started a blog, but she loves to write and is really into the computer. I know she is going to love this site.:heart:
    Oh OK, thanks. But she has an account now so I could send her a friend invitation so she'll see it when she logs on? What is her user name? I can at least send her a friendly message she'll see when she comes on line.:happy:

Namaste'
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    I think I did this backwards. I set up my mom's account. (she works nights) Her name is Lisa. My name is Angie. She hasn't logged on yet. I want her to come home from work, call me, log on, and see she has people who are supportive enough to comment or send friend requests to her. She hasn't started a blog, but she loves to write and is really into the computer. I know she is going to love this site.:heart:

Hi Angie,
    I'd love to be in touch with your mom. What is her user name? As soon as I know I will check in with her and tell her about all the positive stuff I've gotten from MFP.
  • Hi This is indianagranny finally. My daughter montanamomma started this for me and I am just now getting more into it. I will be 50 in April and set a resolution to lose 40 pounds this year. I had lost eight
    pounds and gained three back. So you can see I need all the encouragement I can get. I work nights - 4 days a week starting on Sunday night. So I will be replying to most messages on my weekends. I will get started on posting important things on March 4, 2009. Notice I didn't say tomorrow. I am going to cut this off for now. Send me message and ket me know what has work for you. Send me request and I will reply. Thanks to everyone who has posted - I really want to do this. I am hoping to be fit for my grandchildren when they come to Indiana for Christmas.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    You can do this! I turned 50 in January. I hope to lose a lot more than 40 lbs this year, and the way I plan to do it is not diet, but live a new life. If I think of it as a diet, with 266 lbs to lose, its VERY daunting. :sad: But, since I am living a new, healthy life, the weight loss is just the natural outcome. Every day, I feel better, have more strength, and enjoy life more. :bigsmile: Good Luck on your fit Christmas. It will happen!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,132 Member
    Hi This is indianagranny finally. My daughter montanamomma started this for me and I am just now getting more into it. I will be 50 in April and set a resolution to lose 40 pounds this year. I had lost eight
    pounds and gained three back. So you can see I need all the encouragement I can get. I work nights - 4 days a week starting on Sunday night. So I will be replying to most messages on my weekends. I will get started on posting important things on March 4, 2009. Notice I didn't say tomorrow. I am going to cut this off for now. Send me message and ket me know what has work for you. Send me request and I will reply. Thanks to everyone who has posted - I really want to do this. I am hoping to be fit for my grandchildren when they come to Indiana for Christmas.

:bigsmile: :flowerforyou: Good Morning,
    Before I found MFP I started by deciding to eat three meals and a snack each day that I had planned in advance. I didn't start with calorie counting, just setting some boundaries for my eating. I took it one day at a time so I didn't feel like I was "sentenced" to something for the rest of my life and didn't worry about how I would face the holidays or my birthday or anything in the future. I found MFP when I was searching for an online calorie counting chart. I was hooked from the first day. I had been eating planned meals for a week or two by then so the leap to seeing how many calories wasn't too hard. I've never done computer message boards before so I had no idea how much I'd like it. :bigsmile:

I look forward to hearing more about your success.:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.