Either Undereating or Overeating...

Options
So I've noticed that at the end of the day I might have around 500 calories left, usually from a little bit of exercise. The thing is, sometimes I don't want to eat up those calories, even if it means I'm only getting 700 calories (if I didn't get any more from exercise) that day. I tell myself that, 'oh hey, cool, I can eat this or that since I have a lot of calories left,' but then if I DO eat something, I eat WAY too much and go over my calorie limit, which really pisses me off D: Also, sometimes I barely eat because some other unknown food might pop up later (if I go out to eat or whatever), but then the 'unknown food' never comes up, thus the excess calories left. Is there any way to control myself to eat in moderation, not too little but not too much? Any tricks, tips or advice? Thanks :D

Replies

• lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Plan you meals at the beginning or the day or night before. If you know you are going to burn calories through exercise, estimate how many ahead of time and divide them out through your daily meals. If you end up going over or being under by a small amount it will be fine.
  • TazzytheMotivator
    TazzytheMotivator Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    So I've noticed that at the end of the day I might have around 500 calories left, usually from a little bit of exercise. The thing is, sometimes I don't want to eat up those calories, even if it means I'm only getting 700 calories (if I didn't get any more from exercise) that day. I tell myself that, 'oh hey, cool, I can eat this or that since I have a lot of calories left,' but then if I DO eat something, I eat WAY too much and go over my calorie limit, which really pisses me off D: Also, sometimes I barely eat because some other unknown food might pop up later (if I go out to eat or whatever), but then the 'unknown food' never comes up, thus the excess calories left. Is there any way to control myself to eat in moderation, not too little but not too much? Any tricks, tips or advice? Thanks :D

It is called PRE-PLANNING each day make a mental note of what you are going to eat, for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner. And all your healthy snacks you make at home and take with you. Once you logged it all in that day in the morning then stick to it. It will prevent you from overeating or some days not enough. What most people don't realize that they may be under calories for the day, but sugar, sodium, fat all are way to high. A person could have 300 calories left for the , but may decide to eat 2 ounces of potatoe chips well that equlas up to 300 calories, but was it good calories?? With a little preplanning a person could have eaten serveral things that equals to 300 calories, but fill full and not have to eat something unhealthy.
  • girlygirlnicole
    girlygirlnicole Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posts and if you plan to eat out check out the calories for the food online first, or check the calorie options instore, they should have either option instore or online nutrition info. Such as if you plan on eating from pizza hut they have online nutrition info for you to check out and so do mcdonalds and so on.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!