Halloween Challenge (Open group) :)

Options
Doesn't everyone want to look good by halloween?!?! Im going to start a group today and would love for ANYONE to join:) We can start by putting our starting weight here in this thread! Set a goal on how much weight you want to lose in the next 2 months.. and share with everyone what your going to be doing :):) !! Or what you are currently doing to lose the weight now! I think it helps motivate people when you share your experience in your weight loss journey! Ive lost about 24 lbs since ive started MFP and would love to lose about 15-20 by halloween!
Also this group is very open..if anybody wants to do mini challenges im up for it! I weigh in on sundays just because i know i wont over eat on the weekends because i have to weigh in! I will post my starting weight today! Cant weight to start this challenge with you guys! Have a great evening! xoxo

SW: 166

Replies

• toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Haha, my goal is to lose some weight and be kinda toned by Halloween. I started the 30 day shred 3 days ago & have been running about a mile (as of now) in the morning. Also I've been eating wayy better. :) How about you?? I think I'm at 166 also. Not too sure though.
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I really want to lose more by Halloween. It is my favorite holiday. I am in.

SW=182
  • niccole679
    Options
    Sw: 165 or at least that is what it was last Satuday when I weighed in last.
    I would like to be at about 150-155 by halloween. I have been doing a 4mph walk every night with my husband, who had knee surgery and is unable to run. I have also been trying out Zumba on the Wii every other day. Joined the 50 mile walk challange for September.

Counting calories and trying to make most of them be healthy calories..

I really want to be a flapper for halloween, hope I can loose enough to look good in the dress.

10135966.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

exercise.png
  • mchavez707
    Options
    I'm In! :) I weigh 146.... What works for me is just to remain under my calorie goal and walk for an hour. I'll weigh back in later on this week!
    -goodluck*
  • NatalieGabriel
    Options
    Hi, yes I'd defo want to lose weight by Halloween. Im planning on doing a diving coarse the start of Nov so that means a week in a bikini! EEKKK! I would love to lose 15-20 also. 8 weeks at 2lbs a week = 16lbs. Currently im doing circuit training class in the gym twice a week and going to the gym (20mins spinning and 20 mins weights) twice a week. Im also eating much healthier. I also walk to work each day, roughly 3km. Ive only been doing this less than a week, i normally fall back to my bad habits after a week but am determined this time to stick it out. I weighed myself yesterday (for the first time in months!) but will weigh in on Sunday too for this Halloween challenge!
    Thanks for the motivation!
    SW: 156
  • kristinaohno
    kristinaohno Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i wanna look smoking by halloween.

Starting Weight: 241 (ugh)
  • kristinaohno
    kristinaohno Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    oh and i'd like to be at least 220 by halloween.
    i dunno if that's pushing it but at the rate i'm going, it should happen.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I want to lose 15 pound by halloween.
    Current weight: 237
  • inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I LOVE THIS IDEA.

At my last weigh-in, I was 191 lbs. On Halloween, I want to be 175 lbs. I am eating well, and plan to do the 30DS every day for at least 30 days. At that point I may choose to continue doing it or I may start P90X.
  • GypsysBlood
    GypsysBlood Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am in! This should be awesome. I am gonna shoot for 20 and hope for more :wink: I would love to have at least a semi sexy Halloween costume and not feel awful wearing it . Just joined MFP 10 days ago and I am loving it more and more everyday! Good Luck everyone and THANKS for starting this group!
    SW 206
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Def. in!! I LOVE Halloween and want to look better than I do now, for sure!

I'm 220 now and hope to be close to 200 by then!
    I'm doing Zumba (Wii), different strenght/toning exercises, hopefully starting up walking again soon, and just trying my best to eat healthy meals! :)

Anyone feel free to add me!
  • mlwong414
    mlwong414 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I currently weigh 130 but would love to get down to 120 by Halloween. I currently go to the gym 4-5 times a week. My workout is 30 minutes on the elliptical and 20 minutes on the stairmaster which burns a total of about 450 calories.
  • asm0118
    asm0118 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm not even sure if we will have the opportunity to do anything for Halloween (due to work schedules), but I may as well be HOT just in case, right?!?

I'm finishing up W3 of C25K this weekend! So I will be up to running 5Ks by then! Walking/running daily. I have a gym membership I've been too self-conscious to use, so maybe I'll "man up" and go! Need to start doing a little strength training.

Nutrition-wise, just trying to stay within parameters set by MFP, but I've been struggling to meet minimum calories. Will try a little harder!

Challenge SW: 170lbs
  • JessieAnneMarie
    Options
    you guys are all awesome!! Im trying to workout 5-6 times a week for 60 mins.. and im going to try to start eating mostly raw and still get my protein in..what is everyone doing as far as working out?!? I have the 30DS I did it for 2 weeks and lost motivation for it:( I should try to get back on it.. has anyone had good results with it?!
  • petitwalt
    Options
    I'm in!
    Currently 138. I'd like to be down to 130 by Halloween.
    Trying to walk once a day around the neighborhood, for a start. Trying different things to get a feel for something I like. I've been doing some yoga a few times a week. Haven't found a routine I'm really into yet, but I'm just getting started again. Anything is better than nothing. :)
  • fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    SW- 182
    This mornings weight- 178.

Whoohoo. I have been trying to get under 180 for a few weeks now.
  • beckyiz
    beckyiz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yep I`m in!
    My weight is now 128lbs.I`m gonna aim for a 10lb loss by halloween.MFP is saying I will lose 0.9 lbs per week if I do a 1200 calorie diet,so I think I will need to start some sort of exercise regime to boost my weight loss.Any suggestions welcome?
    Good luck all! x
  • sballallstar7
    sballallstar7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in!

I'm 6'2", 190 - started on MFP at 200. I'd love to be 182 on Halloween (-1 lb/wk), rockin something sexy =) I plan to weight train 3x week (MWF) in the mornings and run 4x week in the afternoons, and log diligently on MFP of course. My weigh-ins on Monday mornings.

Can't wait to see everyone looking fly on Oct 31st!
  • MaggieWatson
    Options
    me too!!

what a great group :)
    my plan is to lose 14lbs the following 2 months.
    together we can do it !!

i try to eat around 1000 calories a day. i'll have a refeed-day once a week to push my metabolism.
    and i try to avoid carbs after 5pm. (my biggest problem)
    i definitely have to exercise more! at least every other day.
    my wish is to be able to run a 60min run by the end of september. (i never run more than 45min)

okay everybody,
    lets do it! :happy:

SW: 134 lbs
  • ReneeElizabeth26
    Options
    I am in!!! I just joined yesterday and weighed in @ 160.8. Id LOVE to be at 145 by Halloween...I have a hard time sticking with these sort of things. I am a binge eater...humilating....and I tend to crack. Hopefully with this healthy life style change I will stick with it...I am desperate but excited!!!