Steel cut oatmeal, Greek yogurt and fruit or hard boiled eggs
  • deeddeethe1st
    deeddeethe1st Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I quite like peanut butter on toast
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I've been in a yogurt and fruit rut. Every morning I think I'm going to have something different and nope there I go grabbing yogurt
    AGAIN😞 it's just fast and easy because I care take my mom everyday now.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    Coffee
  • distortedvision78
    distortedvision78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Cereal: Shredded wheat or Kelloggs All Bran topped with banana / blueberries or banana / prunes. The juice of 1kg of carrots most breakfasts. A cup of Twinnings English Breakfast Tea. In winter I eat porridge with blueberries and a little honey.
  • hexxennacht
    hexxennacht Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Tbh I don’t eat breakfast. If I do, it’s gonna be a mini gateorade (I drink the full sugar kind, shame on me...hate the zero calorie ones) or a coffee with 15 cals of cream.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    I start off my day with just water. My first mid - late morning meal consist of:

1 or 2 servings of fruit

And one of the following:

- A high calorie protein smoothie
    - 1 homemade blueberry protein Belgian waffle
    - French toast
    - 2 servings of cereal
    - Rolled oats (I put together my own packets on meal prep day)
    - Some type of eggs (veggie omelette, boiled, scrambled, a breakfast taco or a breakfast sandwich with an English muffin)
  • playhardkf2017
    playhardkf2017 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    My first meal was a combo of breakfast and lunch: 2 slices Angelic sprouted raisin toast with a tbs of peanut butter and on the side an assortment of cheeses and crackers with dried apricots and dried cherries. I wanted volume in my first meal today instead of toast at 9 and cheese and crackers with fruit at 12. So I settled in the middle for brunch at 11:30ish
  • playhardkf2017
    playhardkf2017 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    ma2007pmc wrote: »
    Coffee, Nature's bakery fig bars and a Satsuma Orange.

those fig bars are so good!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Most days it's oatmeal with blueberries, cinnamon, maple syrup & peanut butter.........sounds kind of gross when I type it out but it's delicious.
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Latte with either yoghurt and granola, or eggs and asparagus.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    A cup of black coffee and a large variety of fruit.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    My meals vary seasonally. Until it gets so warm that I don't want hot food for breakfast, it's this.

9fcfdc892fd519726747f9e675ce46a6.png
  • janicemlove
    janicemlove Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal a lot of the time, especially before work (quick cooking kind). Otherwise I'll do bacon and toast, sometimes waffles etc. I like breakfast foods but don't like eating breakfast. I used to never eat it but now I get headaches if I don't.
  • dawnkirkwood18
    dawnkirkwood18 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Most mornings my breakfast is coffee with protein powder.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    If I have fresh berries and/or bananas, I usually have cold cereal with fruit and milk (or soymilk).

If I don't have berries or banana (which is a much bigger percentage of the time now that I'm only going to the grocery store every two to three weeks because of pandemic), I'll usually have either hot cereal (e.g. oatmeal) with dried fruit, canned pumpkin etc.; raw oats with yogurt, dried fruit, nuts, etc.; toast and eggs; sesame bagel with cream cheese or egg bagel with butter; or toast with jelly and some cheese.

If I have more time, or it's the weekend, I might make a fruit and yogurt smoothie or pancakes/French toast with bacon and a fried egg.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I had to really cut down my breakfast and lunch eating due to age related weight gain.

In the morning I have:

an Ounce cheese
    Coffee
    Banana

later in the morning I have:
    a hard boiled Egg
    Calcium and vitamin d enriched orange juice with a little green tea mixed in.

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    I always have a large breakfast. I may have fish, fish, fish for breakfast or brisket.
    Omelettes with roasted vegetables but there's always 4-5 shots of espresso, too. I eat a lorra lorra fish because I do my own fishing with many relatives living in Alaska who send me extra special things. <3 I make my own sourdough biscuits, sourdough pancakes and sourdough breads. Sometimes, I make a greek yogurt and espresso smoothie that I learned how to make in Greece with a couple of ice cubes to cool the espresso and a drizzle of honey to taste. I swap that out with a lemon/lime/orange/grapefruit smoothie with some greek yogurt. The sky is not the limit.