200 Sit Up challenge! (join!)

Options
Hey everyone!

wondering if anyone would like to do this challenge with me and a few of my MFP friends!

Please read this site http://www.twohundredsitups.com/

you have to an initial test to work out what collum you can work from (click on day 1 once youve done initial test to understand this) :)

The programme says monday, Wednesday and fridays, are good days to make this work. So it anyone who wants to participate does the initial test today (sunday/monday) and then we can all get started properly on monday for week one ()

I thought we could post in how weve done every day we work out?

so here we go....

Initial test: 14 sit ups

(i am using an abdominal cruncher)

:)

Replies

• frailwingsofwax
    Options
    i'd love to join you! and i got 21 (:
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    There's an app for that!! Lol! I've been using it for a while now along with the one for 200 squats! That's a killer!
  • Tinks2007
    Tinks2007 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Ok just checked out the website, thought was really good, so down on the floor to see what I could manange (not done any sit ups for around 6 months (used to do regular) anyway managed 75, I have a sit up bench and used to do 50 forward and fifty to each side but got fed up of seeing no progress, I run regular now, and have just started doing a workout dvd (30ds) so going to start incorporating sit-ups in so happy to join, only I do go away for just over 2 weeks a week on Monday so wondering if any point joining now or waiting till I return?? I will do this week but then will be missing for a while :)
  • LilianaGarciia
    LilianaGarciia Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Ok just checked out the website, thought was really good, so down on the floor to see what I could manange (not done any sit ups for around 6 months (used to do regular) anyway managed 75, I have a sit up bench and used to do 50 forward and fifty to each side but got fed up of seeing no progress, I run regular now, and have just started doing a workout dvd (30ds) so going to start incorporating sit-ups in so happy to join, only I do go away for just over 2 weeks a week on Monday so wondering if any point joining now or waiting till I return?? I will do this week but then will be missing for a while :)

wow you already seem really fit!! So id imagine if you come back off your holidays and pick up from where you left off that would still work :)
  • LilianaGarciia
    Options
    There's an app for that!! Lol! I've been using it for a while now along with the one for 200 squats! That's a killer!

cool il have a look for the app!
  • janessac
    Options
    Oooh I'm so in! I got 36 before I started getting sloppy...not gonna lie that burned! :)
  • Tinks2007
    Options
    Im a sucker for a challange :) and when I read how many needed do thought right come on....lol (could hurt in the morning) sometimes only encouragement you need is that others are doing it to and it gives you that push you need :)
  • LilianaGarciia
    Options
    Im a sucker for a challange :) and when I read how many needed do thought right come on....lol (could hurt in the morning) sometimes only encouragement you need is that others are doing it to and it gives you that push you need :)

exactly! knowing others are doing it aswell makes you want to do it more!! Looking 4ward to gradually being able to do more dreaded sit ups!!
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Surprised myself and did 80 in the initial test (thanks Jillian!)!
  • LilianaGarciia
    Options
    I'm in! Surprised myself and did 80 in the initial test (thanks Jillian!)!

wow wtg!!
  • Tinks2007
    Options
    See everyone has it in them, its just bringing out the competitive side :) just joined the site to enable me to log them, so are we starting 2moro? think you should all do a 30 min run and workout dvd before to :)
  • lovediets
    lovediets Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have done so well!!!! Congrats!!!!!
  • LilianaGarciia
    Options
    See everyone has it in them, its just bringing out the competitive side :) just joined the site to enable me to log them, so are we starting 2moro? think you should all do a 30 min run and workout dvd before to :)

ive just joined the site 2 :)

il probably do 30 minutes on the ellipitical tomorrow instead of running :)
  • frailwingsofwax
    Options
    hmm, i'll do a 60 minute walk. same calories (:
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    What the hell, why not! I'll try and do the test this evening before I head out to badminton. I go straight from work but I@m sure I can lock the office door for 10 minutes after 5 o'clock!
  • shonasteele
    Options
    Finally got my initial test done...
    Not sure how good my form was but I did 21!
  • shonasteele
    Options
    Ugh! That was way more work than I remember the first time I tried this a few months ago!!! But I've gotta start somewhere, right?! The first time I ran it hurt but it got better and now I actually enjoy it! Maybe situps will be the same? Okay, probably not, but I'm trying to be optimistic!
  • Tinks2007
    Options
    Started the challenge Monday and it advised me to start at week 3 OMG 120 sit ups later ouch, just ran yesterday and did day 2 of sit-ups today and really struggled didnt do anymore than the 120 did monday as stomache still sore from monday but then again I didnt do any less either so not to sisappointed..... how is everyone else getting on that stated it? :smile:
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Did day Day 2 of Week 1...152 sit ups, after level 1 of 30 DS! Someone call an ambulance...or maybe a waaaambulance! Every part of my body is sore. Getting closer to that 200, yeah!
  • Chaosdrone
    Options
    crunches or full on situps ?