Best Fitness Watch?

Options
My Fitbit Charge 3 is malfunctioning and is outside the warranty by 5 months. It's my 3rd Fitbit to die within 6 months of the end of warranty - so I'm feeling anti-Fitbit.
I like to track steps, calories, and sleep cycles. I need waterproof for some swimming.
Recommendations? I'm *maybe* willing to go to $300 IF you have experience knowing it will lady a few years... I would rather stick to 200ish (since a "good" one likely won't cost less).

Thank you!

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,210 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit versa I have had it for almost 2 years and it is waterproof .....
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I'm a Garmin fan. Their products last and their customer service is great. Walmart sells an ad on warranty if you buy it there. I had to utilize it when my boyfriend's Fitbit died. If you buy it at Costco your membership is your warranty.
  • distortedvision78
    distortedvision78 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend Polar. I have a Polar V800 and its excellent. I have a Fitbit Charge 2 but I find that Fitbit's algorithm is highly inaccurate for calorific burn during exercise.
  • SkinnyGirlCarrie
    SkinnyGirlCarrie Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    My fitbit Versa died recently, of course at 15 MO this and just outside the warranty. They offered me 20% off, but I was not super happy to spend on another fitbit if it was not going to last, plus I felt the versa was over inflating my calories. I went with a Samsung galaxy active 2. So far I like the watch itself. Can't speak to its durability. The fitbit app itself I think I like better than Samsung health app but I might just need to get used to it!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Garmin.
    I too had fitbits that just didn't last. Switched to a garmin because I run and have never looked back. Absolutely love it.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I’ve had my Gitbit Versa for two years with no issues. I had several different ones in the past that failed; I think they finally got it right. I love it and it’s so nice that it can get wet and not break.