Yoga/Pilates DVDS?

Options
My PT suggested I take up yoga or pilates on my rest days to stretch myself back out but there's no classes near me :( Does anyone have a good dvd they can recommend?

Replies

• Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I have the same question.

• tsarperknip
    Options
    Someone on another thread mentioned http://www.doyogawithme.com/yoga_classes -- looks like they've got a lot to try.

Addendum: Hulu.com has a LOT of yoga and pilates and Netflix's online streaming has a couple. Oh, and YouTube but quality is a bit hit or miss.
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    10 minute solutions pilates dvds!!!!
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    i like the winsor pilates dvd. I have a 20min dvd and a 57 min dvd
  • raychill007
    raychill007 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Mari Windsor pilates DVD, it has an express section which takes just 25mins and should be done daily, and it has a longer session that you can do whenever you have the time.
    I've only actually just used the DVD once and thought it was a little bit easy.. also I didn't hurt at all the next day and I always would after an actual pilates class...
    The DVD was recommended here on MFP a lot which was why i ordered this specific one. I can't compare it to others as this is my first one, but I can say that I'm not in LOVE with it, like I am with my 30 day shred dvd.
  • MistFit
    Options
    My PT suggested I take up yoga or pilates on my rest days to stretch myself back out but there's no classes near me :( Does anyone have a good dvd they can recommend?

"Ashtanga Yoga:Introductory Poses with Nicki Doane"

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this DVD. Its an 1 1/2 hr dvd, but the basic asanas are 45 mins. It's very basic Sun Salutations, but its amazing! I Netflix'd mine.