How Many Friends do you have?

Options
The reason why I'm asking is because, I do my best to motivate encourage and support the friends that I do have, I realize that there are some on here that need that little "Great Job" to keep them going along this journey and there are some that are just one "Nice burn" away from throwing in the towel. I noticed this the other day when I was making my rounds, It was 7pm and no one had commented on that person's diary. Do you have too many friends to keep up with them all? I do hope that we can all keep this site as it was intended to be, a place for encouragement and support as we travel this road together in search of a healthier lifestyle. OK, Back to Work!

Replies

• seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my friends list small. I simply don't have the time to cheerlead 100+ friends.
  • ammient3
    ammient3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have 66 friends and to me that is just right I can keep up with the comments and replies and still have time to post on certain friends page, just a simple hello enjoy your day ect, & only having a small amount your able to get to know them from their daily posts! But I go through my friends list once every few weeks and delete the ones that I feel don't log in regular or take this serious, That leaves / makes room for new ones that are signing on to MFP!!
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    I only have 30+ and not all of them comment on my acheivements or diary etc, the regulars do which is awesome. I don't think I would be phased if no one commented, I am in this for me and having the encouragement is great but I feel I am doing pretty awesome anyway :laugh: I comment when I can and love that I am surrounded by people with a common goal. MFP is awesome for that, I don't feel so alone in my journey :happy:
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    58!! Not all of them are still active every day, some, sadly, seem to have fallen silent, but I do my best to add a little comment to every ones daily post because I know that when I first started on here, it used to make me smile, just a little, when someone commented on mine. Some of their remarks even made me laugh out loud and it definitely made me want to carry on. It's a fantastic site and app, I love it!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have lots and regularly seem to get requests - I find having lots of friends is great for motivation - I try to comment on people's activities everyday - I enjoy having lots of people encouraging me and motivating me :)
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have less than 30. I encourage those who encourage me or the ones I feel really need it. I used to try and post on everyone's page but they slowly stopped showing me the same support that they wished to receive. I do have friends who don't log often but when they do, they check on me so I'll never delete them!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    i have 138 friends. i comment on everyones posts everyday. the only thing i dont really comment on is diarys. the majority of my friends dont comment on mine. i find its usually the same people who comment and i appreciate each and every comment. they really spur me on. and this is what i try to do by commenting on others. i do go through my friends regularly and those who havent logged in for a long time i delete.
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    2! But then I only just really started on here this week. I'm sure it'll grow. :)
  • chaoticlove
    chaoticlove Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    jazzart, I think you make a good point. I will keep this in mind. Thanks!
  • ammient3
    ammient3 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    58!! Not all of them are still active every day, some, sadly, seem to have fallen silent, but I do my best to add a little comment to every ones daily post because I know that when I first started on here, it used to make me smile, just a little, when someone commented on mine. Some of their remarks even made me laugh out loud and it definitely made me want to carry on. It's a fantastic site and app, I love it!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

YES, I AGREE... I think when someone first start's it's very important to make them feel welcome until they are comfortable and then they carry on to the next newest one...chain reaction!
  • Tiquella
    Options
    Thanks for adressing this topic... try to comment on my friends daily... it doesn't take long, and I know I have my discouraging days when I need a little bit of encouragedment as well. I also make it a point to comment on friends who don't seem to have a lot of support. I seek out those who don't already have 10 comments underneath their post... You just never know what little bit helps! :blushing:
  • navywifeandmomof4
    navywifeandmomof4 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I have 5..I try to comment on their page everyday..2 of them comment on my almost everyday(one of them is my best friend she told me about this site) another 2 they post on their own wall encouraging everyone and all and 1 is a friend of mine i found on here but she stopped using this site :frown: but my biggest support is not on here and that's my family..hubby makes sure i get up on the days i plan on getting up to go walk/run and always asked me how was it.my 9 y/o ask me if he can go on walks with me..even tho i have my family hearing WTG,good job ect. from my mfp family makes me feel good to :wink: