Let’s lose 5 pounds in 5 weeks!

Options
Hi everyone! My 20th birthday is on June 5th (about 5 weeks from now), and I want to lose the 5 “quarantine” pounds I’ve gained since being back home before then!

I’ve gained 5 pounds over quarantine by eating too much and being sedentary :( I had lost 10 pounds without really trying at that point, and I’d love to get back to where I was!

College is so nice because you have to go to the dining hall to eat (and I don’t keep snacks in my dorm) and you are always walking! I lost and kept off weight so easily there!

I propose a small group to lose 5 pounds in 5 weeks! I’ll try to check in everyday with how I’m doing and feeling.

My goal is to eat around 1500 calories a day, and no eating after 8 pm! I plan on exercising to make sure I burn 2000 calories. On my rest days I think I’ll eat around 1350, and I will add a fasting day every other week!

I assume I’m around 138.9-140.3 right now based on the different scale readings in the past few days (and I’m on my period, so that’s a bit wacky).

Here are milestones:

Week 1 completed — May 4th

Week 2 completed — May 11th

Week 3 completed — May 18th

Week 4 completed — May 25th

Week 5 completed — June 1st

And then I can keep you updated until June 5th (that Friday)!!!

And then we can start a June challenge on the 1st if you’re interested!!!

These next 5 weeks are going to take discipline, and I really want to have a strong support network. It’s really hard not having the structure of college and/or work!

Let me know if you are interested and/or have ideas.
I am down to start a discord

Replies

• imtrying3
    imtrying3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Questions for participants:
    1) Tell me about yourself! How old are you, what is your gender, height and weight, why do you want to lose these 5 pounds, etc
    2)How would you like to check in? Post weight daily, what you ate, if you exercised, etc?
    3)Would you be interested in an exercise challenge? (X number of workouts per week)
    4) Would you be interested in another communication channel? (I.e discord)

• imtrying3
    Options
    4/27/20- 138.6
    Didn’t get any sleep last night but didn’t let myself nap so I can get back on track.

Add a big breakfast and a decent sized dinner (salmon).

I will not snack tonight!

No workout today since I was so sleepy. So I didn’t get that 500 kcal deficit. Oh well
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Healthy weight loss would be .5 lbs a week. Log any exercise separate and eat back those calories. There's no need to starve yourself, and take a fasting day.

But, you'll do you, so good luck.
  • imtrying3
    Options
    harper16 wrote: »
    Healthy weight loss would be .5 lbs a week. Log any exercise separate and eat back those calories. There's no need to starve yourself, and take a fasting day.

But, you'll do you, so good luck.

Do you really think it's that intense? I've heard 1 lb per week is pretty typical. I am open to suggestions!
  • Gardenoftrees
    Gardenoftrees Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think you'd have to be very overweight to lose 5lb a week.

I think I'm 136lb so we're about the same weight although in 50 so somewhat older. The weight is creeping on so I need to call a halt.
  • imtrying3
    Options
    I think you'd have to be very overweight to lose 5lb a week.

I think I'm 136lb so we're about the same weight although in 50 so somewhat older. The weight is creeping on so I need to call a halt.

I'm trying to lose 1 pound a week for 5 weeks:) Sorry for any confusion!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I’m on my last five pounds (already lost 10 since about Feb) - and these are a killer to lose. GW is 127. I’d be over the moon to see 125. I’ve been doing the advanced Strong Curves program and will have completed the 12th week next week. Inches are melting away, clothes are looser, I’m stronger- but I just don’t see it reflected on the scale. 😡. I’m sure some of this is water retention, but c’mon already!! 😀
  • W1lo
    W1lo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join you. I'm counting calories and exercising too plus I have discord 😀
  • danibrat470
    danibrat470 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would also love to join. Kids during quarantine has killed my nutrition .... stress eating! I’m female, 35, 5’4”, weight 142 ish goal is 135 by June. I’m very active, but have been eating way too much! Would like to check in here and be accountable to you guys a couple times a week!
  • imtrying3
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    I’m on my last five pounds (already lost 10 since about Feb) - and these are a killer to lose. GW is 127. I’d be over the moon to see 125. I’ve been doing the advanced Strong Curves program and will have completed the 12th week next week. Inches are melting away, clothes are looser, I’m stronger- but I just don’t see it reflected on the scale. 😡. I’m sure some of this is water retention, but c’mon already!! 😀
    W1lo wrote: »
    I'd like to join you. I'm counting calories and exercising too plus I have discord 😀
    I would also love to join. Kids during quarantine has killed my nutrition .... stress eating! I’m female, 35, 5’4”, weight 142 ish goal is 135 by June. I’m very active, but have been eating way too much! Would like to check in here and be accountable to you guys a couple times a week!

https://discord.gg/F2sTMC

If you would like to join discord. It's a bare-bones channel!