Vegetarians

Options
I eat a whole foods plant based diet and am looking to connect with like minded individuals. I like to cook and share recipes and kitchen tips. I eat healthy 80% of the time but get into trouble with snacks.

Replies

• msannarichey
    msannarichey Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian 25 years, and looking for the same!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian of 27 years here! Recently turned vegan!
  • Leeyeager71
    Leeyeager71 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a whole foods plant based eater. I'd like to start a group to give support to anyone transitioning to a healthy vegan diet. I have been mostly vegan for 11 years and love to cook easy, tasty dishes and share recipes and tips for all things vegan.
  • Leeyeager71
    Options
    Jenni-What food was hardest for you to give up?
  • caffeinetanya
    caffeinetanya Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I’ve been vegetarian/mostly vegan for 13 years. I say mostly vegan (some people call it practical vegan) meaning I cook vegan at home but if I’m at a restaurant I’ll eat an egg based pasta. My partner was a chef (he loves vegan/vegetarian food but still eats meat) and we are big foodies. So it’s not always easy food when we cook. I love trying new recipes but I also don’t like soups-which seem to be a big trend for vegan weight loss recipes.

I just love carbs so that’s my biggest issue. I could eat bread all day and be happy (been there, done that, don’t really regret it). I’m loosing weight to better care for my complex daughter who is non mobile so lots of lifting and positioning.
  • Leeyeager71
    Options
    Thanks for responding. I, too have eaten vegetarian when out. My daughter, who is 52 had an accident 7 years ago and I was her caregiver for over three years so I know how hard balancing a good diet with caring for your special needs daughter.

I believe that stress contributes to carb cravings. Have you ever heard of Dr John MacDougal? He wrote the book "The Starch Solution". It is a vegan diet with lots of grains, starchy vegetables and of course greens and beans.

I also like the website fatfreevegan.com for tasty variety (and lots of soups-sorry)

• w4lk1t0ff30
    w4lk1t0ff30 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Vegan, add me :)
  • georgiachitra
    georgiachitra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian almost Vegan
  • Leeyeager71
    Options
    Good for you Georgi. If I can help in any way just holler.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Hi! Another vegan here!
  • labrancherenee
    labrancherenee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mostly whole foods plant based for the past 2 yrs
  • zeroizme
    zeroizme Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mostly vegan, feel free to add me!
  • meredithe96
    meredithe96 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’d love to be in this group. Just starting and trying to go as vegan as possible. Thank you!