How Often Do You Weigh?

Options
I have been told only weigh once a week. I have talked to people that weigh monthly. I tend to want to jump on the scale every a.m. for the instant gratification of "yeah I went from 214.8 to 214.5 I'm heading in the right direction."

How often do you weigh in?

Replies

• 4littlemonkeys
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, always the same day and time (after my morning shower, before breakfast).
    It is hard to stop myself jumping on everyday as the scales are in the bathroom but I have resisted so far :)
  • jessicahelene
    jessicahelene Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh every day and had to quit because the fluctuations were driving me insane!! I weigh once a week now, on Fridays, first thing in the morning.
  • chickenpoppa
    chickenpoppa Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a week. Every friday for myself and every monday morning for a weight loss group i am on facebook.

Good luck:-)
  • Misty1984
    Options
    I weigh in once a week in the morning before I eat!! Good luck to you!
  • Veronica1962
    Options
    I weigh just about once a week...if I do any more than that I just get stressed
  • Bri_and_Oli_Mum
    Options
    I weigh everyday on the wii to keep my graph up to date. I don't mind seeing the gains tho. If I was they type of person that let a gain get me down I would probably weigh just once a week. I input my weight on here each monday.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm awful... I admit it, I jump on thhe scale daily. I know that it can fluxuate and don't get upset when it's gone up a little, but seeing that scale hit a number lower than it has been in many years just makes me giggle.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Every single morning. Keeps me on track and keeps me interested! I like watching the ounces disappear, then bingo, when I hit a pound, I'm ecstatic. :wink:
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I weigh in twice a week. Sunday mornings with my husband and Wednesday afternoons for MFP.
  • SeattleGirl76
    Options
    I was weighing daily before breakfast, but it is just too much. I am switching to weekly. Waiting a full month would cause me to loose my motivation.
  • Gonzolaz
    Gonzolaz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yeah, like other people have said, I used to weigh myself every day because I was so anxious, but is was messing with my head, one morning I had jumped up a pound without having done anything irregular :/ So now I just weigh in every Sunday.
  • Selly7749
    Options
    I'm trying to get back to once a week. there was a time when i was weighing everyday, and for me it was really demotivating and upsetting - and then when I did have happy times on the scales I would panic, really messed my head up!

But it's what's best for you, for some people, weighing everyday is what fires them up to keep going. There's no right or wrong way, I think.
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I sometimes weigh myself every morning--just to see the changes--I officially weigh in every Friday am & report the number on mfp.
    :flowerforyou:
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Usually I only weigh in once a week. Most will recommend that you don't weigh in more often than that. You can do it more often but you have to understand that your weight will fluctuate by as much as two pounds from one day to the next so if you're going to weigh every day you need to remember not to get frustrated when this happens.
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I officially weigh in once a week but i weigh myself every morning before i shower, For me whatever the scale says its motivation to keep going.
    If its up it motivates me to focus and work harder
    If its down it motivates me to keep at it
    After all it is only a number
  • godard
    Options
    my daughter hid the scale because I was weighing everyday.:laugh: she gets it out on Friday AM. it has helped my stressing over the fluctuations.
  • kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Once a month :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel like it. Sometimes every day, sometimes once a week.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I check my weight every morning, just to make sure I'm going in the right direction.

I usually only log it once a week.
  • lovelybelles
    Options
    I weigh in once a week