Looking for Keto and IF Friends!!!

Options
I am in my early 30's, 5"7, looking to lose atleast 30lbs, and also looking for like minded friends who are doing the keto lifestyle + intermittent fasting. I keep an open diary and post a lot on my thoughts and struggles on my page. Please add me!!! :)

Replies

• Krisydee103
    Krisydee103 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Bumping my own posts as I have gotten no replies... Everyone against Keto and intermittent fasting or something!?? Lol
  • phoenixrising5721
    phoenixrising5721 Posts: 2,252 Member
    Options
    I can't do keto because of diabetes but I'm starting if. Good luck.
  • hiker583
    hiker583 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Starting intermittent fasting, 16-8, fasting for 16 hours. Last meal at 8:00pm and eat lunch around 12:00.
  • Fitkacs
    Fitkacs Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have been doing IF since October. I really like the way it makes me feel. I have lost 22 pounds and would like to lose 40 more. I do not eat Keto but have been trying to keep it healthy as much as possible. I have dropped back to 16:8 since we are stuck home and the urge to snack all day is strong. I plan on bringing it back to 18:6 or more. I have started running and intentionally moving more, I also use the FitOn app for different workouts since it is completely free! I am sending you a friend request! Good luck with IF and Keto.
  • Bafurodo
    Bafurodo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m doing keto and intermittent fasting too.. and got ripped while training 5 to 6 times a week. I’m at 7 percent body fat now.

The hardest part is getting over the keto flu period while ur body’s metabolic machinery shifts from carbohydrate based to fat based. It took me 1 month to get fully fat adapted.

Highly recommend and good luck!
  • Krisydee103
    Options
    Thank you for the replies everyone. I was losing faith in the people of MFP lol
  • pence429
    pence429 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I can't do keto because of diabetes but I'm starting if. Good luck.

Nosy questions...T1D or T2D? And did your MD tell you no to keto in particular? Generally TCR is the most effective method for managing T2D and its sequela and has its place in controlled, compliant T1D as well.
  • copernicus0001
    copernicus0001 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have been doing IF and Keto since late February (about 2 months now). I am down 53 lbs... from 351 to 298. Some of the initial weight was likely water weight, but it stil is a significant change from where I started. The biggest key that has helped me on this path has been my magic elixir - black coffee!!! I learned to drink coffee and eliminated drinking Diet Coke until later in afternoon. I have a larhge mug or two of black coffee which quells any hunger I may feel throughout the day, especially in the morning. I will sometimes snack on a small piece of chicken or other meat before my meal in the evening, but I generally try to avoid snacking. I eat one meal a day, usually about 6-7pm or so. Often it is a large salad with carrots, guacamole, meat ( chicken, bratwurst - really, it tastes good, Genoa salami, etc. ). I have salads about 50% or more of the evening meals - keeps my calorie totals down. It has been working well. Hopefully I continue to see consistent results - I want to get down to 170ish. I am 6’0”.
  • Krisydee103
    Options
    I have been doing IF and Keto since late February (about 2 months now). I am down 53 lbs... from 351 to 298. Some of the initial weight was likely water weight, but it stil is a significant change from where I started. The biggest key that has helped me on this path has been my magic elixir - black coffee!!! I learned to drink coffee and eliminated drinking Diet Coke until later in afternoon. I have a larhge mug or two of black coffee which quells any hunger I may feel throughout the day, especially in the morning. I will sometimes snack on a small piece of chicken or other meat before my meal in the evening, but I generally try to avoid snacking. I eat one meal a day, usually about 6-7pm or so. Often it is a large salad with carrots, guacamole, meat ( chicken, bratwurst - really, it tastes good, Genoa salami, etc. ). I have salads about 50% or more of the evening meals - keeps my calorie totals down. It has been working well. Hopefully I continue to see consistent results - I want to get down to 170ish. I am 6’0”.

Ssssooo... you wanna be MFP friends than? Lol
  • Tattooedwarriorx
    Tattooedwarriorx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm on day 1 of IF, delighted with myself and hope it's not too hard 😊
  • Krisydee103
    Options
    Hi I'm on day 1 of IF, delighted with myself and hope it's not too hard 😊

Its not once you've worked your way to it. Going at it too fast will result in failure but once you've mastered it, it becomes easier everyday and a great tool in weight loss. :)
  • Krisydee103
    edited April 2020
    Options