Net carbs

Options
Is there a way to track net carbs- especially when calculating the macros pie chart

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    short answer - no. long answer, since this is an international site and many areas actually report the net carbs on food labels, while the US does not, net carbs will probably never be reported in the food logs. what I (and many others) have done is to change the micro-nutrients to drop sugar and and fiber. that makes it easier to simply subtract the fiber from the carbs for the net result.
  • kkugler444
    kkugler444 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks that seems to be a good practical solution 😁
  • Bafurodo
    Bafurodo Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    How do I manually adjust the macro pie chart to make it net carbs?

I eat avocados on my keto diet for e.g, and it has a lot of fibre... but the app keeps counting total carbs.

I typically scan the labels of my foods, so not sure how to make the manual adjustments from there, so that it reflects properly on the macro pie chart?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Bafurodo wrote: »
    How do I manually adjust the macro pie chart to make it net carbs?

I eat avocados on my keto diet for e.g, and it has a lot of fibre... but the app keeps counting total carbs.

I typically scan the labels of my foods, so not sure how to make the manual adjustments from there, so that it reflects properly on the macro pie chart?

You can't. You'll either have to find database entries that reflect the net carbohydrates or keep track of how much fiber you're eating and do the calculation yourself.
  • Bafurodo
    Bafurodo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awwww shucks.. thanks @janejellyroll for the tip!