Struggling with weight in lock down

Options
I was struggling with my weight before lock down and now its worse, i have no motivation im stuck in a junk food cycle eat rubbish and feel rubbish...i see people who work out everyday and i keep telling myself ill do that tomorrow..but i feel so low that i have no motivation ...help ..i hate the way i look and feel

Replies

• ravengirl2014
    ravengirl2014 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    OMG...been there...got a million tshirts!🤗 You can't give up...just keep trying...you can do it...i was in that same cycle...i have mana3to pull out and have almost a week on the path...just treat every moment as a fresh try...add me if want...❤
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    l65o4gnq70xa.jpg
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm having similar struggles. I was doing great but then I switched jobs, then quarantine hit, and now I feel like I'm on this vicious cycle of eating poorly, not moving around, and then comforting myself with food.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Most people are neither locked down nor in quarantine. We are in Stay at Home mode. Are you really locked into your house or are you allowed out for food shopping and some fresh air?
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    The lock down isn't what has me eating poorly these days, but the stress makes me want to eat and drink more (gained 7 lbs). I still go to work, so my daily routine hasn't changed much. I miss having events to look forward too though, like family outtings, family gatherings, date nights.... all of those were big motivators for me to stay in shape and feel good about myself. Now.... with just staying home or going to work... what's the point?? Hellloooooo depression my old friend!! I realized this and am now trying to get out of the funk. Looking forward to more positive days to come, rather than focusing on the negative of right now.
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    This is a super hard situation for so many reasons, it could be the stress of having to change your working environment, having to keep working, taking care of kids, not being able to socialize like normal, you name it. I completely understand how you feel. Instead I’d saying tomorrow, why not right now do something that makes you feel good and healthy. Here is a list of ideas Ideas:

Take a walk outside
    Do 10 squats
    Eat a fresh piece of fruit
    Meditate
    Stretch
    Walk up and down stairs
    Drink a glass of water

Anything at all that gets you on the right track, the. Just keep doing more. If you fall off, start right back. You can do this!!
  • lola_1997
    lola_1997 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am just getting back to eating healthily during lockdown, but working out is so difficult for me. I would always go to classes outside of home but being here its so hard to get up and actually do it. and my body never really changes that much unless I work out religiously - I always stay flabby and undefined.