How Often Do You Weigh?

Options

Replies

• Iwillshyne
    Options
    Every 2 wks. In the past I woud get depressed if the scae didnt move. I think 2 wks of diet/excercise in between weigh-in wud surely show a pleasant result!! :ohwell:
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week on Mondays....After loo and before food....I have the scales beside my bed...

I'm always anxious on a Sunday night...wondering how much I will lose...
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Whenever I feel like it. Sometimes every day, sometimes once a week.

This is me. And I log the increases. I like to see the fluctuations charted so that I can truly identify patterns and prove out that they don't matter in the big picture. The trend is going down. That's good. If I am at a flat spot, I want that on the graph. That way I know I can make the adjustment.
  • tharris1970
    Options
    I use to weigh myself everyday but my personal trainer told me to throw the scale away and don't worry about weight. He said you should concentrate on inches lost!
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm awful... I admit it, I jump on thhe scale daily. I know that it can fluxuate and don't get upset when it's gone up a little, but seeing that scale hit a number lower than it has been in many years just makes me giggle.

I'm the exact same way!

I usually weigh everyday, but I don't track every day on here.
  • ShapingAgnes
    ShapingAgnes Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a week. I did weigh myself once a week but I kept finding that that one day out of the week was always high, so I started to weigh myself twice a week.
  • JJasMyself
    JJasMyself Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I officially weigh in once a week on MFP. I figure that makes sense since on my fitness profile it recommends losing 1lb a week, this is a good way for me to see if I'm doing just that. I must admit though I jump on every now and then just to see what it says between weigh ins.
  • timtamslam
    timtamslam Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I used to be on the scale everyday, but now I don't really weigh myself at all. Think the last time I did was about three weeks ago lol. :]
  • cervenec
    Options
    Whenever I feel like it. Sometimes every day, sometimes once a week.

This is me. And I log the increases. I like to see the fluctuations charted so that I can truly identify patterns and prove out that they don't matter in the big picture. The trend is going down. That's good. If I am at a flat spot, I want that on the graph. That way I know I can make the adjustment.

I record my ups and downs too- I generally check every day at the same time, but try to only take my Wednesday number to heart about my overall progress.
  • charlibets
    charlibets Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, first thing in the morning before I've eaten anything. I know there are small changes that don't mean anything but I like the routine aspect.
  • MereMe
    MereMe Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing Monday morning each week & I measure the first Monday am of each month. That way I can really track my overall progress! :)
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I was weighing daily, and when it got to the point of TWICE a day and it was really effecting my mood I knew I had to get over the number on the scales (particularly as it didn't necessarily reflect the way I looked or felt) so I gave my scale to my friend. Now I go to his place every second Friday morning (sometimes I'll go weekly) and weigh in and then we go out for breakfast. Works well for me and I'm not going crazy over it anymore :D I take my measurements weekly :)
  • scottlikescake
    Options
    I usually weigh myself every 2 weeks, I should probably do it more often than that but I like to step on the scales and see results!
  • Tbswidow
    Options
    I weigh every couple weeks, same time of day.I can't weigh everyday beacause I get to upset at the flucuations also.:smile:
  • mdperry
    Options
    I weigh every morning. I can't help myself, but it doesn't bother me to see the number go up. I know that fluctuations are normal.
  • vizamy
    vizamy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I hop on every morning first thing (after loo) and it's interesting to see fluctuation and note what's happening at the time.

Overall trend is what's important.

I don't stress over scales.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Once a month.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Been forgetting lately, but usually once a day in the morning. But record it officially once a week.
  • geekymom57
    geekymom57 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself several times a week at different times of the day, but only log my weight in MFP if it's a morning weigh-in, it's down AND there's no unusual variable that would artificially influence the "down," e.g., I've been sick, or worked outside in the heat for hours, etc. I'm at 1200 net alories, log everything I eat and drink, weigh and measure portions, etc., and I rarely lose even a half-pound a week, even though it should be close to 1.5 pounds given the calorie deficit. However, by weighing myself at inconsistent intervals, I think I'm demonstrating to myself that a particular weight (high or low) can be arbitrary, so not to put too much faith in that single number and instead concentrate on the longer-term goals and lifestyle changes such as making exercise a regular part of my routine.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    every 2 hours