Anyone heard of this diet?

Options
Okay, so maybe I'm out of the loop. I was talking to my friend's mom who just started a new diet, she didn't give it a name, just told me the basics; eat at least 30 grams of protein every morning, followed by protein rich foods throughout the day and as many servings of veggies as one can manage. I guess you eat like this for 6 days straight and then, the 7th day you eat whatever you want... She told me it's all the rage right now, all I could think was "crash diet" Has anyone heard of this? Can it really be all that healthy?

Replies

• crystalcruzer
    Options
    Sounds like the Paleo Diet.
  • monkeydharma
    monkeydharma Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the Paleo Diet.

I follow Paleo - it's not Paleo. It might be somebody's idea of Paleo, though.
  • juliemilller
    Options
    It sounds like this diet - http://www.fourhourbody.com/ lots of protein and you get a 'cheat day'.
  • sarabell619
    Options
    I used to work for a family who ate like this and had for years. They had young twins who also ate like them. They all ate all the protein they wanted during the week and had very protein-rich meals and snacks, then ate anything at all they wanted on the weekends--sweets, junk food, all of it. The woman explained to me that it was a matabolism boost. They were all healthy-looking people who made it look like it worked, but they also all worked out for about two hours a day. She was a runner, he was a biker, and the kids were very active in gymnastics and other activities. I am always a little hesitant about protein-boost diets if you aren't working out really good because too much un-used protein can be bad for the kidneys.
  • starpi22
    Options
    It sounds like this diet - http://www.fourhourbody.com/ lots of protein and you get a 'cheat day'.

I just looked the link up and I have to say the "diet" does sound intriguing... Especially the 15 min female Orga** part :-)
  • starpi22
    Options
    Thanks for all the good answers!