Quarantine Weight Gain

Options
Over these past few weeks, I have been feeling very unmotivated. My schedule is all out of whack and all I do is work and snack. Over the past month, I have gained 6 pounds. I could use a little motivation. What are you all doing to stay active and keep yourself motivated?

Replies

• shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    My motivation? Not wanting to take 5 steps back after how far I've come.
  • sashimimaniac
    sashimimaniac Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    don’t think in terms of motivation but habits. if you know that you are going to snack mindlessly if you watch tv, then don’t watch tv. i find it harder to snack when my hands are occupied so i’ll read a book or play a game (although if you really wanted to snack while doing these, you still can lol. i just personally find it harder to snack while doing these activities). my habit these days is to make it a point to get up early to jog. then, i come back and clean my apartment.....i do this EVERYDAY. it’s now a habit. make a list of things you need to get done around the house, get off the couch and do it! make a plan, draw up a timetable and get started. hope that helps!
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting to feel motivated again. I gained 7 lbs back. I'm trying to keep in mind that this quarantine will end & ask myself "when it does end, do i want to feel chunky and self conscious when we are able to do stuff again??" No.... then I better get my $h1t together!!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that quarantine is only 2 weeks, when someone is experiencing symptoms. Are you not feeling better yet?

In NY, we're under Stay at Home orders but we are still allowed to walk and bike and run outside. It's much easier!
  • Indialove901
    Indialove901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    @shaf238 I definitely agree. I’m already feeling like I’ve taken a couple steps back, but once I refocus I should be okay. Thank you!

@sashimimaniac Great suggestion. I’ve been making an excuses to not get up before work to at least go for a walk. I stay up all night and can barley get myself out of bed by 7 smh. I’m very organized normally so maybe if I write down a schedule then I’ll stick to it. Thank you!

@brittgreenlikethecolor88 Lol your reply was very motivational because it sounds like something I would tell someone else. Thank you!

@MostlyWater I think once I set a schedule, I will get up and try to at least walk a mile in the mornings. Thank you!
  • sashimimaniac
    sashimimaniac Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    you’re welcome! all the best and stay healthy!