Fellow 5k friends---what do you do with your bibs?

Options
Good morning!

My wife and I have done quite a few 5k's in the last couple of years. I'm curious what you do with your bibs? We're keeping the medals, and had a hook board to hang them on. But the bibs---I hate to get rid of them (because when I started I couldn't walk from the couch to the fridge without getting out of breath) but, just curious. Do you display them? Toss them? Keep 'em in a binder?

Appreciate any input and I hope this isn't too far off topic

Replies

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i just keep them in a pile but a friend takes a photo and has an album with bib, photo, and sometimes notes
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I tossed the first couple so there was no point in keeping the rest. I do display medals.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Mine are pinned to my medal hanger (there’s a place for them). I write my finish times on the back. I’ve seen people make assorted wall art/quilt/blanket things out of them as well. I may go that route when I have enough.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Options
    I de cluttered my man cave last year and pitched out about 10 years worth of bibs that I hand hanging on a hook. My medals are hanging on a curtain rod behind my guitars....
  • Buttermello
    Buttermello Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I toss them as soon as I'm home from the race. I keep the metals, but they're just hanging from the pot rack in my kitchen. Not really sure what to do with them
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I date the back and the top of my medal holder has hooks for the bibs. They go in a plastic sleeve.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I moved a year ago and significantly downsized Tossed all the bibs and the medals. I just didnt know what to do with them. I somewhat regret not keeping at least one or two. I also stopped running a few years ago so that may have been a factor.
  • OGtrekkie
    OGtrekkie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    I pick the memorable races and put those race bibs in picture frames. Hang on the wall in my workout area.
    8ro486vtogjv.jpg
    Djproulx wrote: »
    I pick the memorable races and put those race bibs in picture frames. Hang on the wall in my workout area.
    8ro486vtogjv.jpg
    This is Awesome looking!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I’ve only done a couple but I just threw them away. I don’t know what to do with the medals either. I don’t like clutter lol. My Christmas race that I did, the medal had a train on it that lit up, and I ended up hanging it on the tree as an ornament.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Stick them in a drawer.
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Take pictures and make a digital archive? I don’t keep bibs. I keep T-shirts, gear, tech, and medals
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I don’t do official races too often so I have mine saved in a photo/scrapbook album that my husband/family bought me for Christmas... super sweet note written on the inside cover. I write the date and finish time on them as well. Getting my first medal via mail for a virtual triathlon... not sure what I will do with medals if I start collecting them with longer races. I did throw away most all of my medals/trophies/plaques from childhood for lack of storage space. I did keep the couple I was most proud of... the ones that were truly earned.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I hang all of my races medals and bibs in my office until then of the year. I then take them down, bring them home, and they disappear to wherever old medals and bibs disappear to. :D Probably in a box in the basement.
  • Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I put screws in a strip of wood and have filled it with medals. I have an odly placed window in my home gym. I laminate the bibs and tape them. Hoping to eventually cover the entire area. 😁