6AM

Options
Hello, I’m 4’11 and weigh 233LB. 23 y/o
It’s my heaviest weight. I began gaining this weight at age 19.
My goal is to be happy, healthy and to feel sexy. I’m hoping to get down to 180LB for Halloween season. I *try* to do yoga stretches w/ meditations for the mind and cardio/ weight training for the body.

I have some serious bad habits to overcome and I hope I can find the force that pushes me to complete this.

So I’m making it a mission to take care of my mind and body.

I grew up very sporty and used to be always outside or doing activities with others. One day, it just kind of all stopped and the weight started to pile on. I started to care less of what I looked like. I connected that the way that I eat is directly related to my emotions.

I was a championship swimmer up until I was 18 y/o. I played soccer, tennis and volleyball mostly for fun.
At some point, my mind was breaking and food became my happy place. ( namely Mexican and Asian food)
It’s time to change that.

I don’t want any regrets!

I’ve never worn a bikini or a short skirt. I hate t-shirts. I basically survive in a hoodie and leggings or sweats. The only time I dressed was for prom back in 2016.
Nothing fits me in the store. I practically break every seam I try on.
Most of my clothes are at a smaller size so now I’m really stuck with sweatpants.
I’m too self-conscious about my body and i know it’s less of a body thing and more of a mental thing. All bodies are beautiful and I gotta believe that mine is too even now as it’s changing.
I deserve to nourish and love myself.
I deserve to be happy.

So cheers * w/ water* to going on a sweet *kitten* journey to find my sexy back.

And good luck to everyone else who is on a similar journey. We all deserve to be happy and healthy.
If you read up to this point, thank you!

I’ll be posting my meals on a anonymous Instagram. I love cooking so I’m gonna see how I can change foods I love into something more meaningful for my body.

❤️

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,118 Member
    Options
    Learning to love your body can help you change your body. After all, if you love your body, you want to do what's necessary to keep it healthy :smile:
    Ironically, I started losing weight shortly after buying clothes that made me feel (relatively) good in my body, at a BMI of 34 then.

This is about a life change, I would suggest that you re-evaluate your weight loss goal which, at almost 9lbs per month, is quite aggressive.
    There is no rush, take your time to build good habits gradually and sustainably. You don't just want to lose weight, you also want to keep it off for the rest of your life!
  • Chris_J99
    Chris_J99 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey.
    Good habits take time to embed themselves in your daily life do be gentle with yourself too.
    Each day, each meal is a new start ❤️🌈
    Keep up those positive thoughts.
    Chris
    😁💪🏼🌈
  • melc2910
    melc2910 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey I’m Mel, I’m 29 from Australia. I’m a similar weight to you. I hate t shirts too and have never worn a bikini either.

I hate close shopping also, nothing fits me and I hate the way I look

I’m hoping this app will help motivate me to loose :)

I’m happy to be fitness pals, we got this