Only 300 kcals left in the day

Options
Say you have had all your meals for the day and MyFitnessPal says you have 300 kcals left, does anyone else find themselves rummaging around the house trying to find something naughty to eat, only to find that an hour later you have eaten 3000kcals of crap

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I actually plan a treat every night, no need to rummage - ice cream or pretzels or Oreos or popcorn or some Dove dark chocolates or some peanuts. If I'm within my calories and have hit my goals for the day, a treat at the end of the day is fine.

If your rummaging causes you to go over calories or makes you hungry, try to figure out what foods you will look forward to and will also satisfy you and keep them on hand. Or just increase the serving size in your meals a little so you don't have calories left over in the first place :smile:
  • phoenixrising5721
    phoenixrising5721 Posts: 2,252 Member
    Options
    Try the atkins indulgences treats. Taste great not bad for you and you think youre being bad .
  • errollmaclean
    errollmaclean Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I plan a nightly treat too. Right before bed. I tend to fall asleep faster if I feel full. Plus going to bed means there's not much chance I'll over indulge.

I usually plan my week ahead of time to make sure everything fits and I get all my macronutrients. Then I can just make small adjustments if I feel like something else on the day.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,737 Member
    Options
    Not usually. And if I do, I spend a few minutes thinking about (1) whether it was worth it, (2) if it was not worth it, why it happened, and then (3) how to avoid a future repeat of unworthwhile over-goal eating . . . then I let it go, because life is too dog-gone short to worry about things that can't be changed, because in the past. ;)

Do I eat over goal sometimes? Sure. Lots over goal sometimes? Very occasionally, sure. Sometimes it's worth it, sometimes I need to make a different plan. That's life.

I'm a little nonplussed about the idea that some things are naughty to eat, but we'll let that go. ;)