Half rack advice

Options
I’m thinking of getting the rouge hr-2 once they are back in stock; linked below. I’m wondering if I squat in the 17” space between the vertical bars with the optional pins if the pins are strong enough to protect me if I need to dumping the weight. The pins looks pretty small. How safe would this be? The safety arms look more sturdy, but would not help me if I fall backward beyond the bar for some reason. Anyone reading this know anything about this stuff?

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-hr-2-half-rack

Thanks!

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason that you're looking at this one rather than other power racks? Looking at it the 17" space is a little confining if you're worried about falling backward or having to dump the bar. There are lots of other power racks with more convential footprints out there in the same price range as the Rogue (I find their stuff a little pricey).

What are your goals? Are you going into power lifting? If yes you will need something very robust (ie commercial quality) to handle the weight you may work up to.

If you watch power lifting competitons they're using pretty basic setups, I'm not a power lifter but I suspect the key to not falling is to progess in weight conservatively and focus on perfecting your form, right now may not be the time to find a coach (there are some that offer online coaching via a video conferencing platform) but it would probably be money well spent.
  • allother94
    allother94 Posts: 588 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    I don’t want to bolt anything to the floor. This is the only rack I found that says you don’t need to bolt.
  • M93KG
    M93KG Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Those pins will be suitable. I have the RML-1 with spotter arms and I have a 350 lbs bench. I squat without the safeties. If squatting with safeties and not bolted to the floor is something you want, I’d recommend a full rack.
  • allother94
    allother94 Posts: 588 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    🤔. Maybe you are right...