New and would like to hear some success stories.

Options
I just bought the Ripped in 30 and just finished my first workout. I was hoping to hear about some success stories to keep me motivated and so I know this really works.

Replies

• smallerd
    Options
    I am a mother of 4. I joined when I was 165 and I'm at 127. Goal is 115-120. U can add me if u would like. Welcome
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Can't speak to Ripped in 30, per say, but here's the short version of my story. I started here in April and have lost 30+ pounds in about 4 1/2 months, have lost at least 3" off my waist, and am wearing large clothing (rather than XL) and am flirting with dropping below 200 lbs. for the first time in my adult life. I've watched my calories closely, eaten back the majority of my exercise calories, keep my sodium really low (< 1700 mg most days), and drink lots of water. My main source of exercise has been cycling and running. I started running in late-June and completed my first 5K with a time of 30:17 (9:46 min mile pace) just a week ago. I'm taking aim at a 7.88 mile trail run on the first of October and another 5K at the end of October. When I started, my main source of exercise was Wii Sports Tennis. Now I run 5+ miles several days a week and when I ride my bike I typically go on 15 mile rides over hilly terrain with an average speed of 14+ mph. Oh, and I turned 37 shortly after starting this. I feel pretty darn successful. :smile:

I'm not perfect by any stretch, and have my bad days like anyone. Just had two planned "bad days" due to the local Rib Cook-Off...I'm up 5 lbs. from Friday in water weight but I'll be back to my current "fighting weight" of 202 in a couple of days. It's all about persistence, patience, and a positive attitude. Cheers and best of luck!
  • LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Here's my story, I like to consider myself a success so far:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/299432-size-16-to-6-a-complete-surprise-for-my-husband?hl=surprise+husband

I'm a size 4 now, though.

Feel free to add me, if you'd like :)
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I have some on my page if you'd like to read a bit of it :) Welcome, keep coming back and post...lots! xoxo