Do I have saggy skin aswell as fat?

The past year I’ve lost about 25kg and I still have another 8-10 to lose. I’m a 21 year old male. I know I have a lot of fat but does does it look like I have saggy skin too? When I lean forward it feels like to me I do, confused whether it’s just fat or both. Will I have lose skin if I lose another 10kg?

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Skin takes longer to catch up. Many people find that it can take up to two years for their saggy skin to tighten up. Some find it never does. Give it some time, have patience. You're doing great.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Younger people (like you!) have much better results with extra skin tightening up after weight loss but it does take time. You can lose the weight faster than your skin can catch up or keep up. Like stated above, it might take a year or two but it should improve. Just be patient. The weight didn’t go on overnight and your body won’t adjust back overnight either!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,012 Member
    What they said. Realistically, you still have a little central fat, but that's what you'd expect with 8-10kg left to lose.

Fat cells can deplete anywhere in our fat mass, not just drop off the outside perimeter first and proceed inward. That means that it's possible our fat-storage areas will get squishy and even kind of floppy, before fully depleting (like a squishy water balloon half full of water, vs. one that's full of water so firmer and more upright). That squishy fat kinda conspires with gravity to keep skin stretched.

As you lose your last increment of weight, more fat will deplete, reducing the gravitational-stretch effect, and giving skin more opportunity to shrink. You're just not quite there yet.

Even at goal weight, loose skin (which looks like wrinkles in medium-weight fabric, not 1/2"+ rolls or folds) can shrink for a long time. Mine was still shrinking well into year 2 of maintenance.

You'll be happier with your "look" at goal weight, and then even happier later, I predict. Hang in there! :drinker:
  • ahmedmirza1679
    ahmedmirza1679 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks all for your comments, appreciate it a lot!