5 guys NSV

Options
Went to 5guys with my fiance today & only ordered a diet coke, then went home & made myself a turkey burger. I didn't even have one of his fries! It was NOT easy but I am happy!

Replies

• Trinasan
    Trinasan Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Amazing will power...
  • gargoyle999
    gargoyle999 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That I could not do! I don't care for the fries there but a burger I could not pass up! Tremendous will power you have!!! I'm just glad the closest location to me is a good distance away so I'm not tempted!
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Went to 5guys with my fiance today & only ordered a diet coke, then went home & made myself a turkey burger. I didn't even have one of his fries! It was NOT easy but I am happy!
    The Force is strong in this one...she did not give in to the juicy side...
  • timeforme23
    Options
    Wow, that is NOT easy. Im not sure I could resist not at least stealing a fry. Way to go, seriously :-)
  • canadianchick11
    Options
    Great self-control!
  • zarozinia
    zarozinia Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow, go you! I *love* 5guys... But lately I have been having pretty unpleasant physical reactions to all the greasy foods I used to eat regularly, so I'm afraid to so much as go near a cheeseburger now!
  • Emilyas1
    Options
    That I could not do! I don't care for the fries there but a burger I could not pass up! Tremendous will power you have!!! I'm just glad the closest location to me is a good distance away so I'm not tempted!

I'm with you there, they would be a biiig temptation if I had any within an hour of me! :laugh:
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I gave up eating meat about a month ago.. Just found out there is a 5 guys going in about a mile from my house... It is quite possible i may cheat...lol I looked at their menu and they really should have some healthy alternatives :(
  • James_1954
    James_1954 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    The Force is strong in this one...she did not give in to the juicy side...

That is much funniness, jmac! Thanks for the smile.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    My 5 guys NSV goes something like this...
    Those grease bombs kinda gross me out now. The thought of those burgers in particular and those fries. All that juice is fat gross grease being absorbed inside you and going to be stored on you.
    No thanks. Even McDonalds fries and burgers aren't as bad as that stuff.
    I eat fast food sometimes because it is FAST and CHEAP. I don't get the cheese if its a burger. I get fries about once a month. I usually go for subway now or something else.
    5 guys is neither fast or cheap.
    /rant

Edited to add: I've went in once to 5 guys since starting. It reminded me how I've changed. I look at the place and pity the patrons now. I guess I'm an MFP snob now.
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    thank you guys! It felt great AFTERwards! But was definitely a challenge
  • obrien821
    Options
    Great will power there girl! I'm not a huge burger gal to begin with, but they do have pretty good (bad) food to eat there. The turkey burger was a much better choice! ;p
  • sonic_the_cat
    sonic_the_cat Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I'm not sure I would have had that much willpower. I just avoid that place ;)
  • philm00x
    Options
    Man, I have only ever been there twice but they do have pretty amazing burgers. It is definitely not easy to sit there and not have one!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of '5 Guys'...and so, I was a little curious going into this, just what kind of NSV this was going to turn out to be...

More seriously...good on you hun =D.
  • iheartyarn
    iheartyarn Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    "If you don't sacrifice for what you want, What you want will be the sacrifice."

is this your quote? i love it!
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of '5 Guys'...and so, I was a little curious going into this, just what kind of NSV this was going to turn out to be...

More seriously...good on you hun =D.

Haha oh boy I can only imagine what type of NSV that would even be!

& nope the quote isn't mine, I dont even know who said it I just remember reading it somewhere & i've never forgotten it!
  • afigueroa_pr
    Options
    Wow! What will power!
    I am impressed.
    :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!